Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Sanity?! Random Ramblings...

I need ideas for keeping our summer fun and my sanity in check. We are, actually, having a super fun summer! We have been staying busy, playing, and enjoying each other. Schedule and routine has been the key for us so far! I should turn the television off a bit more, but I have to clean my house and make dinner sometime (right?!). I just cannot figure out how to do all the stuff I WANT to do with having the kids around ALL the time. When I say that out loud though, it sounds somewhat selfish. Not sure?

I miss blogging...desperately, miss blogging. My hubby misses me blogging. The way he has it figured out is the more I blog...the less I need to talk about EVERYTHING in my head to him!:) So, if your husband thinks you talk a lot and if he gets that glazed over look periodically, I highly suggest blogging. When I do have a few minutes to myself on the computer (now, kids are watching barney on tv!), I usually end up trying to get my blog fix on my blogs that I follow. I just HAVE to know what is going on in their worlds. Some blogs are my encouragement for the day...as a mom...as a woman...they send me these motivating ideas to keep my focus throughout the day. I think this is why blogs have gotten so popular for women...just my opinion.

What's even funnier? I could care less if anyone reads them. Honestly, I forget that whatever I write ends up on the Internet world. I love comments though...ahhh...so someone else is out there and doesn't think I'm kooky!:) Then, I will be at church or visiting some friends for a kid play date, and someone will mention something they saw on the blog. Ugh...my mind begins to randomly recheck past posts to see if I wrote anything in particular...something where I was ambitiously rambling. I have to be cautious that what's in my head doesn't immediately go onto this computer! Regardless, summer is definitely getting in the way of blogging. I guess that is understandable!

When I do something, I like to do it all the way. 100% devotion to the project. Thus, my frustration with not blogging consistently! I just tend to do too many things at one time. Then, I get crabby and stressed and overwhelmed in my home because I'm stretched too thin. I forgot a lot this past year that the REASON that I chose to be a stay at home mom is for the benefit of my kids. However, I would spend spare minutes devoted to all these other activities for church or preschool or people in general. (Not a bad thing...just in moderation!) I enjoyed it for the most part, but my family suffered. My energy and time was zapped. They only received the left overs.  I have been a crazy woman fighting for simplicity this summer...convincing myself that we do not have to be on the go all the time. Now, if that would just rub off onto my expectations for myself, I would be set!

I received a couple emails about my calendar for my house when I was out of town (Again, that wonderful moment when you know you are not the only crazy mommy out there.) I'll post my calendar soon! I don't know if it will help or make you laugh, but I will post it regardless!:)

It's nice to know that someone is curious about my craziness in order to help their own chaos! More mommies need to be more open about our struggles and chaos with others! I don't think we would be as hard on ourselves...if we REALLY, genuinely knew what other moms were going through each and every day.

Okay...that's my random ramblings for the day! Thanks for listening!

No comments: