Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Mama's Blessings...focus on the Good Things

Blessings...

I was just talking to a friend last night about some of the things that I posted yesterday. During our conversation, I realized that there is definitely drama in all of our lives. Whether it is mama drama or day to day drama or drama in our relationships...we all have drama.

Despite all of our drama, we all have blessings—Blessings that get pushed to the side and often forgotten because the drama and urgency of the day to day takes over. So, I am taking this day...this moment...to focus on the good things.

As I began writing this post, I remembered a blog that I genuinely enjoy will often do the same thing. The author, Erin, will periodically devote a post to the good things in her life...or her favorite things. Whatever they may be...when I have read her posts on good things, it has made me stop and focus on my good things as well.

I should really stop and do the same thing...talk about the good things...more often.

Good health...definitely at the top of my list.

These moments...with my girls.

My dishwasher...really love my new dishwasher. I do not even have to prewash my dishes...seriously! Also, it has several compartments...even a perfect compartment for sippy lids. A mom must have created this dishwasher. The dishwasher also has a sanitize option...now, I will never need that bottle sanitizer again! It is so, so, so very quiet too! Ah...sweet dishwasher.


My house...love my "right now" house. Of course, I'm always looking and wishing for what I want "one" day, but with the economy the way it is lately...I am blessed to have the security a home offers for me and my family. I love this picture of our house when it snowed.

My parent's (live a couple miles away) swimming pool...really enjoying it this summer!:)





Yep, I'm blessed.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Great post again today! I too love your parent's swimming pool...it looks amazing!! I would LOVE the covered patio; can you imagine the great pool parties and bbq's?? Oh yeah, not about me! LOL!! I thought of you this morning when I was trying to tell Tim a story. He finally just told me, "Can you hurry up? Your stories take FOREVER and I have a short attention span!" Ahhhh, the ramblings of a SAHM who is desperate for adult conversation! ;)