Thursday, June 24, 2010

Any Complaints?

My first thought on complaints...I don't complain. I just listen to complaints. Ummm...then again, that's not quite true. I just went upstairs where my husband had bathed the kids (don't give him too much credit yet...I was cleaning up dinner and making his lunch for tomorrow). I "tagged" him out as he brought them into their room to get their jammies on and teeth brushed so he could go play work in the yard with some new yard tools. After prayers were said, books read, multiple requests granted and denied, covers tucked and so on, I finally left the girls. I entered their bathroom to replace their toothbrushes from the counter, and I discovered clothes on the floor, the tub still filled, toys littering the floor and the tub, shampoo open in abandoned in the tub of water.

Did I complain? Yep...marched my five foot feisty self outside and tried to yell my complaints over the weed eater only to find that he still couldn't hear me between his singing and the IPod turned up to unbelievable decibels. Then, I complained that he is too old to be listening to music that loud. (My husband suffers from the delusion that he is a teenager at times rather than a man in his thirties...most of the time~emphasis on most~ I love that about him.) However, after discovering the bathroom mess was not a moment where that love for his lust at youth was inspired!



Did it do any good? Nope...not at all. Did I exemplify a servant’s heart? Nope...not at all. Did I feel better? Nope...maybe for a minute. Actually, I probably could have cleaned it up faster than going out to complain about it. Then, I find myself wondering where my kids learn to complain...about it being too hot, or being bored, or some food they don't like. I guess tonight I answered my question. I also remembered a Bible verse that I haven't thought of in a long time.



Do everything without complaining or arguing (Ph. 2:14).


By the way, I went outside to snap a shot of him with my camera during his yard work and loud music escapade. He didn't even bat an eye. Without even inquiring as to why I was taking his picture, he stopped, looked at me, let me take the picture, and continued singing and weed eating.

What can I say? Thanks God for the lesson!:) Seems like I'm learning several this week...

No comments: