Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Enjoying the Backyard...Refurbishing our Swing

Our backyard has this gradual slant to it. We never use this back corner in our yard that is shaded by large trees in our neighbors yard. In order to take advantage of space, Robert moved the swing in this back corner. (after trying it several other places...I'm visual!) It looked kind of lonely back there. We added jasmine plants on both sides of the swing. Hopefully, they will start vining around the swing eventually. Plus, they smell so good!




Covered in rust...this swing needed some TLC. It was a gift Robert and I got my grandmother. Since it was hers, I couldn't just get rid of it and get another. It has lots of memories of swinging and talking with her.



Magic Wands...





After just the first coat, it made a great difference. We put brick pavers around the jasmine plants and planted various plants that had color to make small flower beds. This has turned out to be one of my favorite spots in my backyard. Now, the girls and I can make our own memories swinging and talking in a part of our yard that we never used. If I could just figure out how to make new cushions, I would be set!:)

No comments: