Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer Anyone & My Embroidery Revelation...


I have started to monogram all gift bags. They are perfect to throw in ballet clothes or for nursery or toys for a restaurant or whatever!

Okay...my embroidery plan that I mentioned a while back...for those of you who care:).
I have decided to no longer do any embroidery of personal items. (in other words...I will no longer embroider anything you give me.) I have reasons...I promise. First,  it makes me a nervous wreck (that should be reason enough!:)) I have had people ask me to embroider all kinds of wild things. I do not want to embroider your grandmother's childhood blanket (I still love my friend that asked me). Good grief...I would die no matter how much you assure me that it is fine if something happens to it. With embroidery, you can remove any stitches (for the most part), but it is always a possibility that it will leave a mark or holes. If I embroider something I have (a towel, a bag, a shirt, etc), I ususally have more. I can replace it easily. If I can't replace it, I won't feel bad...well, as bad!
Second, I cannot embroider everything. Let's see...people have asked me to embroider crazy, crazy things...umbrellas (which would be super cute if I could do it...and you can with "embroiderable" umbrellas"), little bitty items (I don't even know how you fit a letter on it much less fit it on an embroidery machine), hats (nope can't do hats), shoes (nope can't happen), smocked dresses (probably, don't want to "probably" do a dress that you paid eighty dollars for! I would stop breathing), bathing suits (yes, you can do some types...only some) etc. The thing is even if something is embroidable...it has to "fit" on a hoop or rather pull the object far enough from the front where it is embroidable! Okay...boring rambling...but this is my reasoning...so I thought I would share. No mean looks...you still have to love me...lots!

My hubby gave me this wonderful machine last mother's day because I embroidered all things in my house. What's embroidered in our house (by the way, I do not know how to properly conjugate the verb "embroider" so excuse my mistakes!!)? I have embroidered curtains, framed fabric, my lamp (tricky), towels (hand, beach, bathroom, kitchen), blankets, pillows, pillow cases, shower curtain, basket liners, etc.. When I had girls, it became an obsession to monogram all their little things. He figured he had a lot of high priced hobby toys. My scrapbooking and purse obsession added up to be costly overall, but I did not have any big toys. He thought he would share the love a bit and surprised me with a wonderful mom's day present...my embroidery machine. I never thought it would turn into a great way to make extra (secret) spending money! I love doing it...especially when my kids cooperate and give me time to do it! It can make anything special when you add a monogram. If I thought I could get away with it, I would monogram my own shirts!

If you find something just wonderful that you want embroidered, ask me! Like...hey, I found these cute bags at Target. Do you have anything like it? I probably do! Or, a friend of mine...will call and say I really need two hot pink shirts that have a black monogram to go with a cute black skirt the girls have. No problem! I'll try to find them for her! It eliminates the randomness of "trying" to embroider something that may or may not be possible and the possibility that I could mess up something you own.

I'm hoping sometime this summer to have a site or etsy shop...the only thing is my dear friends and their friends are keeping me so busy that I'm scared to add more (strangers' orders) into the mix! Do any of my wonderful friends know how to do this kind of thing or set up paypal...hint...hint?!


Beach Bags for the twins...can I please have twins. Did you hear that? That was my hubby choking when he read that! Their stuff is just too cute! Hee hee...that's what would happen. I would finally talk Robert into having a third, and it would be twins! Better yet...twin girls! Four little girls...I better stop while I'm behind!

Well, now that I shared (and you all promised to still beg and want my stuff I make) my plan...

I can tell you the important stuff...

I am loving this weather....the sun...the walks...the jasmine...the garden. I love it all. I am not a winter girl, but I just can't get enough when spring hits. It just gets better and better after that point.

And, I just love this little face coming to ask me if we can go play in the "pood".

Of course, sweet girl, who could say not to playing in the "pood" with two cute girls! And better yet...they won't tell that I haven't shaved my legs in a week...I know too much, huh?!


I'm off to splish and splash in the pool with my girls. Gotta love this time of year!




Beach bag and towel for LaLa's little friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, can i just say i LOVE that font in your pics... i'm trying to think of something that i might need for my girlie to have that on :) i'll let ya know when i think of it.

Bethany said...

Your monogram pics looks great! I finally talked my mom into 'parting' with her machine, but IT'S BROKEN! The computer screen needs to be realigned (more money!!!). I love the font you used too! I need to hook up with you so you can teach me how to do some cute beach towels for Caroline when I get my machine fixed. Oh, and where did you get that ADORABLE flipflop smocked dress? Gotta have it!!!