Sunday, May 16, 2010

Overheard...

*My Little Bit has been flipping out (to say the least) over SNAKES. What in the world has put this fear into her? She will run frantically for me yelling, "Help, Mommeeeee, Nakes." I will encourage her to get in the tub, and she will adamantly shake her head, "No, dere nakes." Robert and I just couldn't figure it out. It was funny at first, but then it has become a complete fear of hers. Late at night, I heard the girls whispering in their room, "Little Bit, give me the silly bands or the snakes will get you." Little Bit promptly handed over silly bands to her big, manipulative sister saying, "no, nakes, LaLa." Hmmm....I think I have found the culprit! LaLa, I wouldn't blame your little sister if she gets you back for that one day!



*I called Robert today as I was on my way home.

LaLa answered the phone.
Me: What is daddy doing?
LaLa: He's pole dancing.
Me: He's what?!
LaLa: pole dancing.
I hear Robert in the background asking her to repeat it again. She clearly says the same thing again.
I hear him ask her where she heard that from. (By the way, he is coloring with Little Bit and watching the Braves game.)
LaLa: I heard it on the chipmunks.
Me to Robert when he gets the phone: What in the world are you doing? AND, where in the world did she get that?!
I do not remember that part AT ALL on the chipmunks?! Maybe we heard it wrong? Maybe she heard it wrong? Great, now our child is going to go to her private, Christian school tomorrow and tell her teacher and friends that her daddy was pole dancing?!



*LaLa and Robert were taking a nap together on our lazy weekend. They love watching the Braves game. She is one of the only four year olds that I know that can name almost all (entire starting lineup) of the Braves players. She is a serious fan just like her daddy.

LaLa: Daddy, I know a lot of the Braves players because we watch the games together. You watch My Little Pony with me, but you do not learn their names. If I know the Braves' names, you need to know the ponies' names.

LaLa continued to teach Robert each of the ponies’ names and quiz him for the next thirty minutes. Finally, when he successfully named each one, she was ready to take a nap.



*On a walk on our street today, I wearily told LaLa that her mouth had to be so tired because she never, ever quits talking. She said her mouth was not tired at all. I told her my ears get tired sometimes of listening. Robert sincerely turned to me and said, "Now, you know how I feel about your talking." Hmmm...Didn’t like the comment, but it made sense. I guess I do know now.


*As I was driving, LaLa said to Little Bit, "Little Bit, will you always be my best friend?" That mama moment made me want to melt and cry all at once. (maybe that will make up for the snake episodes!)

*We are having some DREADFUL traffic that we face on the way to church or preschool due to construction. However, instead of dread the construction and traffic, I end up laughing and smiling because Little Bit is so in love with the tractors. LaLa is pointing them all out to her the entire trip there while Little Bit squirms and screams excitedly, "TACTOR, TACTOR!"

No comments: