Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Things...

Random Ramblings...hmmmm....that sounds appropriate.



First, thank you for all of your ideas on getting the blood from poor Little Bit's boo boo out of my couch and her cute outfit. It worked wonderfully...the peroxide and the spray and wash (even though I couldn't throw my couch in the washer). Stitches have dissolved, and she is as good as new! I was even brave enough to leave her with my brother's girlfriend, Katie, while I enjoyed LaLa's end of the year party at preschool. She survived it without another head wound...maybe I will get to leave the house again in the near future without trips to the ER!



Ok, next, have you felt like your world is swirling around in chaos? Yep. Well, that is where I am! I love to organize...the key is...when I have time! I get giddy when I get to organize, yet I have realized with my kids I usually make a bigger mess trying to organize. Part of my chaos is starting and not finishing things. I think I could totally qualify for adult ADD! It amazes me every day that I used to be the most organized, efficient person. However, I am more often the complete opposite post children! I threatened encouraged my husband to sit down with me and create a calendar, list, and plan (yes, charts, lists and calendars make me so happy) for the summer and our to do lists. We have divided those BIG jobs up to be finished during specific times...for example, my garage. It's so scary lately. That's our job for the next week. This week I am diving into laundry (from our trip) and moving both girls’ current season clothes into their new (more later) room's closet. Sounds like it will work doesn't it? Well, let's hope. Otherwise, I am going to go crazy! I cannot stand chaos. I either go crazy and combat it or give up and give in. (I'm probably leaning into the crazy mode right now) It basically boils down to running around too much and not having the time to invest into keeping things in shape. One thing leads to another and you're swimming in chaos! Some people have recommended a house notebook. I have a skeleton of one, but it is not very efficient (it just looks cute!). So, anyone have ideas...let me know!



Our beach trip was wonderful. Too fast. Way to fast. The girls loved the water. I still hate driving THAT far with small children. Ugh...I just kept repeating that it is worth the drive!



I love Bewitched on TV land. However, poor Samantha usually looks wonderful in her cute outfits and twitching her nose. Have you seen the pregnant episodes? Her clothes look like a tent. I can't twitch my nose and make my dishes shine, but at least we have cute maternity clothes now. I'm still trying to convince Robert that I have so many maternity clothes that we just HAVE to have another baby (and adopt one too) in the next year. Two wonderful friends passed their clothes to me. I have more maternity clothes than regular clothes, but I haven't been pregnant since I inherited all of these clothes! See, it's just necessary...I know my reasoning has a few holes in it!



LaLa is officially a "K4er" as she says. Preschool is over. I had mixed emotions. It's one less place that we have to dash off to. It's more time that we can spend together. I can't slow down life, BUT I can reduce our running and invest more time in our family and our home. I'll share some cute pictures soon from her end of the year party and teacher gifts. I'm too lazy to download the pictures!:)



Three different people have commented on my voicemails. They all feel they are comic relief. I tend to leave long messages that include all the necessary information JUST IN CASE I don't get to talk to the actual person. My posts probably sound just like my voicemails. Oh well, at least there is a consensus that they are humorous.



I just realized that this particular post unintentionally supports my theory on ADD! Ok, enough ramblings for now, I mine as well, suck it up and get busy...you know on my "chaos" plan!

Thanks for listening!

Tammy

No comments: