Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kitchen Remodel! We Survived!

Out with the old...in with the new!

You have to tell me what you think because I am IN LOVE with my new kitchen!

 New floor. It has character...or so I think!
 New dishwasher. You can't even hear it. Our other one was from 1994. I don't even know what half of these buttons do. It has a SANITIZE button. The sales guy said this is great to sanitize bottles (baby stuff), sippies, and such! See, we just have to have another baby now to see how wonderful this feature is!
Oh, do you see the sink? It's great. I could climb in it. It's so deep. I picked the faucet out at Lowes, and let me just say...I am not known for my quick decision making skills. This was when both girls were sick...I know bad mom! We had to have it picked out by the next day because the plumber was coming, and my girls were sick for weeks...I would have never, ever left the house! Both of them fell asleep in the stroller as I harassed employees with questions on faucets. Then, I drug four or five boxes, opened each one up, and compared the color to the stainless of the appliances. Just so you know...stainless steel colors vary! This was actually the cheapest of the ones I had in my hand, but it was the perfect color with all the features I wanted. I even had a 10% lowes coupon to use with it!

Ahhh...the fridge was from my brother in law. He didn't need it anymore, and he graciously offered it to us! Um...took us point two seconds to say YES and THANKS for the beautiful, almost new, stainless fridge. I think it was meant to be to live right there in my kitchen. When you get water or ice, the light magically comes on. Yes, the little things in life make me happy!


I just want to share some insight that I gained in appliance shopping. First, we had a built in/slide in stove. It is made to overlap over your countertops (bugged the stew out of me trying clean under it though!). These ranges do not have a backsplash. They are more expensive because they offer a "built in" look. Second, this is a free standing stove. I like it better mostly because of the price and the cleaning. Anyway, it even has this griddle thingie that goes on the fifth burner OR you can use the fifth burner as a warmer. The microwave is pretty nifty too! I tell it what it is defrosting...it tells me with a sensor when it's done defrosting. Ahhh....maybe I won't burn or create "sparks" with my microwave anymore!:)
Some additional insight...you can bargain with places on appliances! I,personally, do not bargain or haggle. I point and tell my husband to haggle. Then, I sneak out to wait until he has sealed the deal...haggling makes me nervous! Fortunately, he is very good at it. Shop around and get your information of prices and model numbers. Lowes met Brandsmart prices... Brandsmart prices included the 'cash for clunker' rebate deals & Lowes met the price regardless. Then, we were still able to submit for the rebates. We also have our old stuff on craiglist to sell. I listed it today, and we already have two people coming tomorrow to look at them. I wonder if that can be my money...my husband is probably choking as he reads that statement!:)

I apologize for the bragging, but I have dreamed of this kitchen. I've threatened to paint my pink corian countertops before. It can't be done...I've researched. Finally, almost six years later (let me point out that we were suppose to do it when we first moved into the house)...I have my kitchen. You should come see it....food even tastes better in it!:)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Your kitchen is so beautiful, I know yall are enjoying it!!!
brooke

Bethany said...

Beautiful kitchen! It looks awesome!!!