Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mama New Year's Resolution...#2 and #3


My second Mama NYR is to reduce the time that I spend on the computer and on the phone. Now, my friends would probably laugh at this stamement because I am hard to catch on the phone, and I rarely check messages. However, how many times do I have to say, "not now mommy is on the phone or working on the computer"? The only time I do talk is usually in the car. My girls will be watching a dvd in the car or listening to music while I have a precious quiet moment to talk on the phone. I need to work on a balance. I hope to work on incorporating my girls into my phone and computer time rather than letting these two wonderful pieces of technology take precious time away from my two even more wonderful girls!



My third Mama NYR is to make sure my girls watch less television. Television is such a time trap, but less face it...it can be a great distraction for your kids when you are desperately trying to get something accomplished! I was one of those when I first had LaLa that said I would NEVER, EVER let her watch anything but educational things! Does PBS Sprout count as educational? I also tend to leave the television on as background throughout the day...I need to be more creative, huh?

Check back tomorrow for my last two Mama New Year Resolutions! Next week, I will be posting our fun New Year Activities...yummy 2010 pancakes, my edible hat...umm...experiment in the works, and more! Enjoy your New Year's Eve!

Mama Drama Rule #96: Use New Years as an opportunity to look back and figure out what worked and didn't work. Then, begin an entire new year ready to start over...better, smarter, and refreshed!

No comments: