Monday, December 14, 2009

My Kids are Bouncing Off the Walls!


Can you find what's wrong with this picture? Hmmm...where do I start? First, in Georgia, we have had some cold, yucky, rainy weather. Unfortunately, we cannot get rain and freezing weather at the same time! A snowy Christmas would be great, but it seems that we are only getting one or the other.

Now, what do you do with two little ones that are going stir crazy? One day last week, I was in this predicament! It's too cold or wet to go outside. Mama has a lot on her to-do list trying to get gifts made and/or wrapped, goody bags fixed, baking completed and so on. Well, I got to the point of desperation. On one of my trips out to the garage, this box with our jumpy house caught my eye. Yes, I inflated it in my living room! I told you it was desperation. I thought my kids were bouncing off the walls before. Now, they were actually bouncing off the walls! Fortunately, the jumpy house worked perfectly. They were completely entertained for almost an hour! This is amazing for a three year old and a one year old! At one point, I realized that this was probably the longest consecutive time that I have had to accomplish tasks in a very, very long time!

They were amused for so long that I finished a lot of my work, and by the time they were done with the jumpy house, I could have time just for them! I thought the irony was just hilarious that my kids were driving me crazy because they were bouncing off the walls! Who would have thought that letting them literally bounce off the walls would be the solution!

Now, did you find what was wrong with the picture?
1. Bouncy house in my house.
2. My poor Christmas tree lived through the event.
3. Every ball that we own in our house was now placed in the bouncy house.
4. LaLa put a diaper on Little Bit...on the outside of her pants. She said Little Bit asked her to. I doubt that! Thankfully, she still had one on normally!
5. LaLa took her pants off. She said she couldn't jump as high because her pants were heavy.

Does any of that matter if your kids are safe, happy, and entertained? No...not at all!

Mama Drama Rule #88: A jumpy house can be the best way to alleviate your children's wiggles! It's basically a room with rubber walls. They go in as completely crazy, hyper, and driving their parents' nuts; however, they come out calm and completely worn out!

No comments: