Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Christmas Deal & a Confused Mama!

A Deal...
A friend of mine called me yesterday with some exciting news! She had just shopped at Toys R' Us and discovered...on accident...that the Dream Time Playskool products were on sale. Not just on sale...but ON SALE! If you have a little girl (or maybe even a little boy) in your life, you really need to check these out. They are marked down. Then, they are marked down an additional 70%. I purchased the Sweet Lily Dream Town Castle and some of the accessories. The Rose Petal Cottage and the castle were $29.99 each. The 'furniture' was $7 to $10, and the food and accessories were $5 to $9. Normally, the furniture is about 45 dollars! I am already finished with my Christmas shopping, but I am putting these up for LaLa or Little Bit's birthday.

& a CONFUSED Mama...
On a side note, I have to tell you about just one of our crazy moments...yes, one of many!

"Mommy, can I have gum?”

"No, LaLa, no gum."

"Then, why do I have gum in my mouth?"

"LaLa, where did you get gum?" (We don't do gum in our house...until your five...I don't know what I am going to do when she actually turns five and wants gum. She currently thinks this is law of the world right along with the speed limit.) "Open your mouth!" LaLa opens her mouth confused.

I look into her mouth. "LaLa, nothing is in your mouth."

"The dentist at preschool said I have to clean my gum and my teeth so they're healthy."

"Oh, yeah, you do, but your gums in your mouth are different than bubble gum or chewing gum. Then, I try to point out her gums in her mouth."

She shakes her head at me and says, "Oh, mommy, you get so confused sometimes."

By the end of this conversation, well, by the end of most conversations with LaLa...I am thoroughly confused!

Mama Drama Rule #88: Sometimes as a mama, you just have to smile, shake your head and nod! Some of the best conversations that you will have with your children will be those that do not make any sense!

No comments: