Friday, December 11, 2009

A Daddy and His Girl

Have you noticed that I have been completely slacking on the picture posting effort around here? It's just so busy...I can't keep up!

My sweet LaLa has been so excited...The Princess and the Frog...premiers today. Her daddy told her that if she was a good girl at school and all day that he would take her out on a date. You have never seen a little one so excited! What's even better is that she has noticed that when her daddy and I go on a date, I guess I tend to get dressed up...you know like maybe wear matching clothes, shower, and even makeup! So, she had this all in her little three year old mind!

Little Bit and I are home getting everything ready and packed for a three hour trip in the morning to a family Christmas function. That requires a great deal of preparation with two little ones!

LaLa decided that she had to wear a crown and her hair just right. She put her chapstick on three or four times. She even wore her princess high heel shoes. Her daddy came in from work and didn't know what to think. He said, LaLa, don't you want to put on some tennis shoes? I gave him that look like you better say she is just beautiful and go with it!

I reminded him as they were leaving that these are moments that she will hold onto forever. It's a quick trip to the movies for him, but for her, it's how she will base her concept of "dates" in her future. She should not expect any guy she ever dates in her future to treat her any less than a princess... It's a moment where she truly feels like her daddy's princess and has his undivided attention and admiration. What little girl wouldn't be excited about that?

Have fun my sweet princess!

Mama Drama Rule #87: Every girl needs to feel like a princess sometimes!

No comments: