Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pilgrims, Indians, and Baby Jesus...only in the mind of a three year old!

As we were creating our little turkeys yesterday, LaLa and I begin to discuss the history of thanksgiving.



Mommy to LaLa: Are you excited about dressing up like an Indian for your feast at preschool?



LaLa to Mommy: Yes, I'm going to be an Indian princess.



Mommy to LaLa: oooh...that sounds fun. Do you know what the Indians did for the pilgrims on the first thanksgiving?



LaLa to Mommy with a dramatic sigh: Yes, mommy. They were nice and helpful. The Indians brought the Pilgrims food and Indian corn. They were friendly. They even brought baby Jesus.



A very surprised and confused Mommy to LaLa: Well, they were nice and helpful. Yes, they were very friendly. They taught them a lot too. They shared their food and helped them plant their own crops. They didn't bring baby Jesus though...Remember, God sent baby Jesus in a manger...



LaLa interrupts Mommy: Mommy, I know all of that! You just don't remember. It's okay. You can look it up later when we are done with our project. That's what you do when you don't know something. You look it up. Right now, we need to concentrate on one thing at a time.



I laugh and let it go. What's left to say at this point?! Later that day, Robert and I are putting the girls to bed (LaLa is still insisting on sleeping on that floor in Little Bit's room!). I asked LaLa again about Thanksgiving. She still stuck to her same story...Pilgrims, Indians, and Baby Jesus. Robert had to turn his head to stifle a laugh! I guess we are going to have to spend some more time on this topic!



Mama Drama Rule #75: Count your blessings...Being a mama is the greatest blessing. It's something I never knew that I wanted until I had the wonderful opportunity to experience it!

No comments: