Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Lost Love

My lost love was once so near to me...

I loved when we had time together, sharing our memories, and enjoying all the details.

I remember when we treasured each moment.

A day didn't go by that I didn't think of a time we could share some more time together.

So many memories and treasured moments have now gone by...without a chance to share them with you.

No chance to pull out my cardstock. No chance to pull out my embellishments. No time to plan pages.

Now, every time I walk by your section in a store, I wince at the lost moments and how far behind that we have gotten. Every time I develop pictures and haphazardly put them in boxes to get to later, I feel a sad, but empty feeling. I know they deserve a special place on an 12 by 12 page, surrounded by journal notes, and cutouts and embellishments.

Yes, my lost love is missed. It's something you know you should have invested more time in, but then time went by and you got so far behind that it just seems a lost cause now.

Other hobbies and interests invaded my world. Small little children took over my extra time.

Yes, my little scrapbook corner sits there with dust collecting, calling my name. Poor Little Bit's baby scrapbook is only an idea...LaLa's is pretty cute--to bad it's only her first year...and she is now almost four! Maybe when both of my girls in college one day, I can knock the dust off, open their neglected scrapbooks and begin again to reconnect with my lost love--scrapbooking.

Mama Drama Rule #67: The plans you had of all the wonderful things you were going to do for and with your kids often change once the kids actually come! Although it's difficult, try not to hold yourself to those BC (before children) expectations! I try to remember that making the memories are much more important than having them scrapbooked in a cute album!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I hear ya! I never scrapbooked (too much of a perfectionist), but I always longed to... I had a great idea this school year to take a picture of her each school day. I was then going to make a book at the end of the year to give to grandparents and myself. Great idea, right?? It lasted a month! LOL!

JessRN said...

Yup, know the feeling.