Friday, November 6, 2009

Monogram Madness Project: Gobble Shirts


These GOBBLE shirts are for a friend of mine that has twin girls and a new little baby boy (Maggie, Mallory, & Maddox...cute names too, huh?)! Isn't that cute?! The GOBBLE letters are appliqued with fall cotton fabric & embroidered onto the shirts. The little onesie is all embroidery. I just love these cute girly tops. I made LaLa one too...I will try to bribe her to do a "photo shoot" sometime today! They are perfect for Thanksgiving dinners with family and feasts and parties at preschool. Since I found my camera...finally, I thought I'd just post these real quick! I'll try to post the rest later!

I am selling the solid long sleeve t-shirts or onesies for baby or toddler with GOBBLE appliqued for 15...turkeys, names, etc. can be added for extra. Big boy or girl shirts are 16.50 because the actual shirts cost me more! The turkeys on the shoulders are embroidered appliques, but I hand sewed them and heat bonded them onto the collars because the position was too awkward and small for the machine! I got a little carried away because the big girls just looked cute with turkeys matching their little brother's shirt! BTW, the shirts are fine for the washing machine, but I always lay them out flat to dry because of the embroidery. I have dried them before on accident...they were fine, but I think anything with embroidery lasts longer if you don't dry them.

I'm only going to take a couple more orders because I don't want to take on more than I can handle! So, don't wait too long! I am completely out of 24 months size...and can't seem to find any!

If you don't have an embroidery machine...and can't sew, you can still make a cute holiday shirt! Cut out the letters in some fall coordinating fabric. Then, buy some "fabric glue" and "stitch witch"(I think that is what it is called. It's heat/bond adhesive for fabric and mending. I use both because it makes it stronger with my wild girls. Now, these do not hold up well, but if you just want something cute and special to survive a dinner or something...this is the quick and cheap way! Take your iron and your adhesive to bond the letters or the turkey on your shirt. Then, take the glue and do the edges. Let it sit for 24 hours...and voila, an instant party shirt. The only problem is that the edges of the fabric will fray after a while or after being washed, but it will definitely work for a picture or a day!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I want one!!! I need a 3T in the white with just the gobble on it. :) ADORABLE!!!

Tammy said...

I'm out of the babydoll tops! I bought all they had and used them up so fast! Would a white plain shirt work? I'll look and see. I think I have 3T! If I discover any more babydoll tops, which would you prefer...I'll search this Saturday & see what I can find!