Friday, November 6, 2009

Lions, Tigers, and Bears...oh my!

This is the only picture that I got where both kids are still & actually looking at the camera. Now, I just need to edit out my big nose! This is at my brother's house (BOBO). We went trick-or-treating...enduring cold & rain...in his neighborhood & at his house!

Oh, sweet little Dorothy...where is your little doggie? I made her little outfit...without a pattern I might add! Her favorite part was the shoes and the dog in the basket, which also held her candy! Next, we went trick-or-treating at Gumpy & Mimi's house. We took most of their candy!


What a ferocious little lion...definitely not in need of courage! I love her little tongue sticking out on the side! As you know, my Little Bit is RARELY still...so this picture is extra special for me! I ordered this outfit off ebay for 99 cents and paid 1 dollar for shipping. I added some extra fabric for the mane and a bow on top and on her tail...just like Dorothy's lion friend! I tried to teach Little Bit to roar before halloween...she would QUACK every time. A Lion that quacks...
Then, we went to our neighborhood to trick-or-treat at our two neighbors' houses. We have a football player (Fernando Bryant? I don't know if I spelled it right...or what he plays) that lives across our street. My husband obviously knows who he is and was so curious about what all they were doing for halloween due to all the visitors...nosey isn't he?! So, he and LaLa made there way over there to trick or treat and check it out...yep, he used his daughter as an excuse! They had made their house into a haunted spooky house for their trick or treaters...Robert and LaLa made it to the door before she screamed, "GET ME OUTTA HERE!" He was all excited, but his little excuse was not having any of it! Finally, we gave out candy to our visitors...this was the girls favorite part?! Maybe we should JUST do that next year!!!! I would have been A LOT dryer and warmer!

My family has pointed out that I have neglected to share our halloween experience & my two cuties dressed up...so, better late than never!

Mama Drama Rule #69: Sometimes the MOST simple things makes our children the happiest...in my case, it was our doorbell ringing!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Great costumes!! I'm very impressed with your sewing skills and the bargain shopping!! :)