Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This Mama Might Be Crazy...

LaLa riding a horse at Rock Ranch in Rock, Ga. This was a great place full of Fall Festivities that was really reasonable! It was a great day with pony rides, a petting zoo, slides, jumpy houses, booths with crafts, yummy food, a corn maze, and so much more!

The nicest lady let Little Bit even join in the fun on the bouncy house. I had to climb in too and sit in the corner...just in case, but Little Bit bounced and tried her hardest to jump along with the bigger kids. It was a little trickier to convince her to get out...while I was trying to get my big old hiney out of the little net opening too!

The Rock Ranch is a place that was created by Truett Cathy, the owner of Chick-fil-a. We visit this particular place quite often because it is really the only fast food that we will eat. I always tell people the oddest things happen to me...I'm really not kidding. I guess I just bring out the crazy in people!

Recently, I went to Chick-fil-a one morning to get breakfast for me, a friend, and her family. She had just gotten home from a surgery so I was trying to bring something that would sound good for her to eat. Well, I place my order at the drive thru and continue to wait behind the other cars in the drive thru. A man exits the restaurant and walks directly in front of my car (I have a 2006 H3) lays both of his hands on my hood, looks up, and says in a deep, bellowing voice...like something off of Saturday Night Live..."Oh, Faithful God, thank you for blessing me with such a vehicle to drive. You have blessed me beyond immeasurable amounts (or something like that...I couldn't catch the very end.)" Then, he raises his hands to the sky, and says, "Thank you, oh, almighty God." He nods his head to me and walks off.

Now, I believe in God without question, but this was a new one for me...what in the world? I didn't know what to do. I was actually just sitting in my car waiting to drive to the window for my food, talking on my cell phone to my husband. As I was listening to the man, my husband was going, "Tammy, Tammy, are you there." I'm thankful for my car...but it's not like something that would catch your eye different from any other car...so, what in the world?!

I just bring the crazy out of people! Interesting, huh?

Mama Drama Rule #60: When you can still identify crazy as crazy, I think that means you're still on the right side of sanity! It's when you can't tell if it's crazy that you should wonder...just which side of sanity you are on!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We have the exact outfit as Lala!! Caroline wore it to the school pumpkin patch on Monday. :) I made Tim drive 3 hours out of the way to go to St. Simon's Island for the Bailey Boys Store!! LOL!

The Chick-fil-A story is CRAAAAZZZZYYY!!!