Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away...Don't you know...



LaLa sang this song, "Rain, rain, go away...don't you know we're here today." Then, she would look up at me, and say "Mama, it's not listening!" I'm sure the grown ups all around her was thinking the same thing. Hey, rain...do you know how tough it is to get kids to stone mountain. Do you know how much tougher it is to slosh through rain and cold? Do you know how much our tickets cost? Ultimately, you can't control the weather...and very little else in life...so try to make the best of it! That was our lesson of the day! Once I got over the drama of parking and the surprise of rain...I got into the spirit of the day...and the kids joined in shortly after!

Note to self...one year olds do not do much with pumpkins besides try to eat them or throw them like a ball. I have tried tirelessly to teach Little Bit to say PUMPKIN. She looks at me, cocks her head to the side, points, and say BALL! Little Bit painted pumpkins in the arts & craft section while Little Bit chewed on hers whenever I wasn't looking.


I don't know how photographers do it. My kids will not be still for a picture whatsoever. Let me point out though that Little Bit was happy to be free from the stroller and was going to make a break from it. LaLa had a bag of candy from the scavenger hunt and from the candy shoppe. I have one foot on the stroller because our umbrellas, pumpkins, and bags are weighing down the back of it...if I move my foot once Little Bit is out, the stroller flips (can't someone invent something for this.) I stayed up several nights working on their cute outfits...let me point out that only the waitress at the restaurant ever even got to see them because of the cold! My shutter speed is not fast enough for the speed of a toddler and a preschooler! Random people stopped to stare at me attempting to take this picture...feel free to volunteer to help when you see a poor mama trying so hard without help attempt to capture a picture!
As we were coming out of the candy shoppe, my LaLa opened the door so I could push Little Bit out of the store in the stroller. She was very helpful, fortunately. A lady was coming in at the same time as LaLa pushed the door open. LaLa looked up and told her she was the door holder today for mommy. The lady looked at me and said, "He is a very good helper." My LaLa looked at her with her forehead wrinkled and continued to proclaim, "I'm not a he. That's a boy! I'm a she. That's a girl. I have a woo hoo (use your imagination), mommy. Tell her to say she." Okay, now what do you say to that?! I just smiled and kept walking...hoping LaLa would follow, and I tried to explain that maybe because she was wearing a black hat like some boys. LaLa had a response for everything. No, mommy...girls can wear black. Well, yep, that's right. Now, I don't think either of my girls looked like boys...they both had ruffles on their pants, wore orange and black for the most part, had monogrammed jackets or hats, polka dot shoes with bows ont hem, ruffly, girl, jackets...BUT that lady at the candy shoppe called LaLa a HE and another lady called Little Bit handsome?! I just finally (out of desperation) explained to LaLa that maybe she couldn't see well. BUT now the entire stone mountain village knows that LaLa has a woohoo and will not mistake her for a he! At least she's not intimidated to stand up for herself when she knows she's right!


MAMA DRAMA RULE #59: When you get stuck with your kids in a mama "bind" (ya know when your kids say something "inappropriate but honest"...the best you can do is smile your biggest smile....and ESCAPE...FAST!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You are too funny! I think I would have just melted down at the very moment that Lala announced she had a wooho! :) BRAVE!!!