Thursday, October 15, 2009

So Much Fall...So Little Time!

Yummy homemade chicken noodle soup, grilled cheeses, & fruit salad in a Jack-o-lantern on a rainy, Fall day!

Two Thumbs up from LALA!
I love Fall. I think it's my favorite time of the year...with Spring shortly behind it. You know when you can feel everything changing. It's wonderful how it has such perfect timing. As soon as you're getting burnt out on all the hot weather...here comes wonderful Fall weather with all the fun stuff and holidays fast approaching.

Between all the fun stuff LaLa is doing at pre-school, decorating the house, and enjoying fairs, pumpkin patches, and other fall activities, it feels like we are running everywhere...all the time, I keep thinking....ooooh, we need to do that craft or that fun activity with the kids! I planned our calendar months ago planning some wonderful Fall activity every Saturday this month. There is just so much to do during this wonderful season! My husband constantly reminds me, "Tammy, There is only so much Fall...you can't do it all!" It never hurts to try though!

Well, we have definitely slowed things down this week. The girls haven't been sick...but haven't been well either....you know where you're thinking at any minute you are going to end up at the doctor's office or they are going to start with the fever stuff. They have both had tummy troubles, LaLa a rash over the last two weeks (which the dr. deemed an allergy of all things!). Little Bit has broken two teeth through and has two just about to come through as well, and they are just not their crazy, rambunctious selves. It's funny because on most days...I would give my two front teeth for little girls that were this calm, cuddly, and satisfied just laying around reading or watching a movie. BUT since I know this is the norm for my girls, I'm ready for them to be back to themselves and feeling 100 percent again....even if that means it turns them back into the crazy little monkeys! People think you're crazy when you say your kids aren't sick...but you think they may be getting sick or their little bodies are just trying to fight something....but mamas just know!

We have had some rainy, wet, and cool days lately. So, my mom made chicken noodle soup for all of our families, and we have really enjoyed it! I tried a cute idea from Family Fun where you carve out a jack-o-lantern face on an orange and put fruit salad inside. It was cute and yummy, but I think I need bigger oranges! That is my mission next week because I think these would be extra cute for LaLa's preschool party!

I hope everyone is enjoying their fall too! I love hearing everyone's ideas! It always inspires me with more to add to my list!

Mama Drama Rule #56: Traditions are what make a family's memories. It's something we can give our kids...that they can one day give their own kids!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

You are so right about traditions!!! I want to give my Sweet Girl many...just as my Mom gave us.

Love how the jack-o-lantern idea turned out! Very cute idea and I bet LaLa loved it.

The pillow case dresses you made are beautiful! I love the monogramming. Did you do the monogramming with your embroidery machine?

Hope the girls feel back to normal soon!

PS Riteaid posted my rebates, fall promotion cards, etc and so far I should be getting $76.41 from RiteAid (some of it in GC), $20 from Oil of Olay and $1 from another Mfg. That makes my total $97.41 and I only spent $92!!!! YAY!