Friday, October 30, 2009

Preschool Pumpkin Party

LaLa's "special" pumpkin from the "pumpkin patch" at school. It took her a LONG time to choose just the right one!

Getting ready for the "parade". The older kids in the school dress up to represent a country. They parade around the entire school campus as the "parade of nations". However, the little ones dress up as community helpers, and I believe each class has a "theme". Our teacher was a fireman and was followed by her little Dalmatians.



See, they really aren't that difficult to make! We had an abundance of food at the party. I made these fruit jack-o-lanterns, mummy hotdogs, and bug juice, but all the parents brought stuff-chicken nuggets, chips, cake (yummy!), etc.. Do you know what was the biggest hit with the three year olds? Gummy "Wormies"...I'm serious!

I really meant to take more pictures, especially of the kids playing their games and interacting, but the time just flew by so quickly that it was over before I could catch up! LaLa enjoyed her pumpkin party. What a big day and an exciting time for her first party in her preschool career! I think I enjoyed it as much as she did! I embroidered cute little jack-o-lantern bags...again, I forgot to take pictures! That's the story of my crazy week! There were a lot of cute treats that the parents sent in that I plan on putting in my "memory bank" for the future: stamps, flashlights, tatoos, and of course, candy! For days, I was thinking of ideas to do and make for her special day...even in my sleep. I don't know what to do when both of my girls are in school! Hopefully, this obsession on my part is just a "newbie" thing to preschool mommies!

Are all the other mommies as tired as I am? I remember being a child and just having endless energy, especially during the holidays. Now, finally, some thirty years later, I understand why my parents were SO tired! I just thought they were party poopers! Now, I know. And, now, I'm often the party pooper...I love all the fun stuff and enjoy all the celebrations, but I can only keep up for so long! I watch my little ones, and I am just amazed at their boundless energy that they have conjured up!


Mama Drama Rule # 65: Have you ever heard of "eat your wheaties" ? Well, they need something like super duper wheaties for mamas just to keep up with our little ones. Maybe they could just add an extra dose of energy and 'superness' during the holiday fun so we can keep up!
So, in short, EAT YOUR WHEATIES...TAKE YOUR VITAMINS...and enjoy them because it's a blur of a memory before you know it!

No comments: