Friday, September 4, 2009

Where is my peace?

I have talked to friend and family today...one after another...who is just struggling so much. My heart and love goes out to them! There is so many unanswered questions and concerns in this crazy world of ours! It may be struggles in our families or financial problems or health issues or just daily drudge that makes our hearts feel heavy and our minds overwhelmed. We cannot control everything. We try so hard, yet time after time things happen that reminds us that we can't control this crazy world. The harder we try...the more frustrated we get. I hope these verses & quotes encourage you...whatever you are going through...and whenever you go through it! Grab onto encouragement in anywhere you can. Hold a friend. Listen to a child laugh. Take a bubble bath! My grandmother used to always say...this too shall pass!

Phil. 4:7
Then God's peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

Helen Keller
Unless we form the habit of going to the Bible in bright moments as well as in trouble, we cannot fully respond to its consolations because we lack equilibrium between light and darkness.

Mama Drama Rule #33: Although the skies may look cloudy, a sunny day is just around the next corner!

No comments: