Friday, September 18, 2009

I lost my stroller...and my mind!

This is been the family mystery. Over the last couple weeks, I have noticed a couple things missing. Hmmm...where is Little Bit's Abby Cadabby doll? Hmm...where is that teether that vibrates? Oh, there's no telling with these kids...it'll show up. Well, last Friday, we had grandparent day at preschool. I was suppose to serve, but I warned them that I had a little one but would be glad to help. Now, planning ahead to keep Little Bit occupied...I was thinking I would need my stroller. I have several, but this particular one is my tri-fold double lightweight stroller. It's probably the one I use the most, but with Little Bit walking now, I haven't needed it in a few weeks. This is where the mystery begins! I looked everywhere for that thing...my garage, parent's house, called friends, garage again, my house, everywhere!

Do you know what happened to it? The next day, my mom mentioned the last time she remembers me using it was three...almost four weeks..ago when we visited this store in Griffin with both girls. They have baby stuff, fabric, and embroidery stuff...basically, Tammy's Disney world. Somehow, I walked out, and completely left...seriously, left my stroller sitting there. Looking back, I guess I should be grateful that I walked out with my kids. My mom had walked out with Little Bit while I paid and walked out with LaLa...so maybe that makes it a little more excusable, but regardless, it seems like I would have noticed. Then, I didn't notice it for that long! Oh, those wonderful people still had my stroller for me! They were going to wait a certain amount of days...so bless them! I was able to go get it the next day! This is why it pays to go to small, wonderful stores and not always the bigger chains! A large store would have never kept my stroller, and these people that I had never met before this one visit...kept my stroller until my brain registered! So, stroller is back home...but my brain is still missing! I'm so glad I got my doctorate before I had my children...I think I lost brain cells when I had my girls...and still losing them daily!

Oh, by the way, if you want to visit my personal Disney World...with baby boutique stuff and clothes, fabric, patterns, embroidery, etc. etc...the store is Hankie Pankie in Griffin, Ga...but beware if you google that...weird stuff come up...but the store will be one of the first things! Young at Heart is the sewing portion of the store...so either is "googable"(heehee...new word!).

Mama Drama Rule #41: Just know your body is not the only thing to go when you have children...you're brain follows shortly after!

No comments: