Monday, August 31, 2009

Where Do You Run?



God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. (Psalms 46:1-3 NKJV)

Little Bit is officially 13 months old now and I just can’t believe how fast time is going. Everyone constantly asks if we are going to have another, and I keep thinking Little Bit is such a baby…are you crazy?! She is so animated now and full of life and curiosity. She is an absolute joy to watch as she discovers new things and tries to keep us with her big sister. The thing that is just completely cracking me up now is when she gets scared of something…like the garage opening or closing or the dogs barking…she looks like one of the Flintstones. You know the part where they stay in place for a minute with their feet moving and the body stuck in place before they run off? It is the funniest thing. I have tried my hardest to catch it on film…but after the second time you start to feel guilty for startling her just for the sake of a video! So, I gave up on that one!

More importantly than what she looks like when she gets startled or scared…is where she goes when she is scared. She runs immediately with her arms lifted up in the air, grabs my legs, and waits for me to pick her up. It is the best feeling in the world for me. I snatch her up and she nuzzles into my neck with both arms around me. Little Bit knows that no matter what it is in the world, her mama will keep her safe. She is the same way when she is hurt. She runs to mama. I’m sure your little one does the same thing. Can you think of anything in the world that you wouldn’t try to protect her from?

Now, where does a mama go when they are scared or hurt? Where does a mama go when they need comfort? I know where I should go, but I have to admit that I often forget and don’t do it. Now, my feelings would probably be hurt if Little Bit didn’t come running to me. I wonder if God is the same way? Does his feelings get hurt when I do my little Flintstone run and head the opposite direction of His comforting arms? Probably. So, here I am again…again…learning that I can’t do it all. Imagine that!? I do have Someone to go to when I need comforting or encouragement. I just have to run that way.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV)


Mama Drama Rule #29: When you’re in need of encouragement, rest, comfort, or security, make sure you run the Right Way! God is waiting there with His arms open wide.
Coupon Update: There is a coupon class in McDonough, Georgia on (as of now, if there is enough interest) on September 19th. It is ten dollars & the class lasts for 2-3 hours, and from what I understand you leave with all kinds of goodies! Just being on this lady's email list has been great! She sends all kinds of neat "saving opportunities". If you are interested, please let me know ASAP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am interested in the class - where do i sign up? :)
donna

Tammy said...

Hi, you sign up with me! I'm trying to get a group together so we will have our own little class. I'll count you in & will email you with more details!