Thursday, August 27, 2009

My "to do" List is All WRONG!


I have to clean my house. Since school starting and all of the busy activities of life, it has definitely gone by the wayside. I have to get our desk organized…it’s a pile right now! I think there is a desk there somewhere. I have someone coming to give me cheap remodeling advice on my kitchen this evening (Keep your fingers crossed!) I need to organize my coupons especially the five other Sunday papers I got last night. I have a hundred projects I’m either in the middle of and can’t get finished or ones that I really want to start! I have two little girls that I need to take care of and give attention to. I have two little dogs vying for attention to…they really could use baths. The list goes on and on.


Now, I have A LOT to do today, and I got started rather early this morning. Then, I thought, I’m doing everything on my “to do” list but what I really need to be doing! Can you imagine not talking to your child or your best friend for the entire week? Even with my long list I am betting I will still talk to my girls today. I will probably talk to my mom or a friend or two on the phone. However, I have not actually sat down and spent time with God. Maybe this isn’t something you do regularly…it’s honestly one of the first things that seems to be forgotten in the busy day of this mama. I wouldn’t go days without talking to my best friend and taking time for God needs to be the same way. He has given me so much…two beautiful children and a comfortable home and good health and the list goes on, and I give Him so little in return. He has blessed me. He asks that we spend time with him…reading the Bible, praying to Him, and living like Him. If you’ve never spent time with Him, I really encourage you to try it a week. It makes a lot of a difference. This peace comes over you, and you will be able to tell when you aren’t making your relationship with God a priority. Try a devotional book…maybe even one for mamas if the Bible is overwhelming to you as you start!

Although there are so many things on our “to do” lists, I need to make sure I’m making my relationship with HIM a priority!

"God, who has called you into fellowship (AKA relationship) with His son Jesus Christ our Lord is faithful." - I Cor. 1:9



Mama Drama Rule #27: Just as we wouldn’t go days without talking to our children or our friend, God is our Father and our Friend. He doesn’t want us to go days without spending time with Him! And, He doesn’t want us to just come to Him when we have problems. Make sure your priorities are straight on your mama “to do” list.

No comments: