Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An Extra Special Dinner! A Wiggle Party


*This is my first attempt at a collage for blogger...so hopefully, I will get better at it!

We take any excuse for a party that we can in our house. We've had an extra hard time getting back to reality and on track this week, and we really missed our girls over our little vacation...so we really thought it would be fun to have an impromptu dinner party for our little family.

Have you ever heard of the Wiggles? Well, if you haven't, be glad because those little songs are catchy and stick in your head! And, after a while, the blue wiggle, Anthony, even starts to look kinda cute! My husband jokes about my secret love affair for Anthony. It's a joke, of course! My Little Bit is also becoming a big fan. She will stop in her tracks if she hears the wiggles on tv or the cd player. We often play music while we cook or during the day (to avoid too much tv time) and the Wiggles are definitely my girls' number one pick!

Our SPROUT station has been counting down until the "Wiggly Waffles" started on their station, which incorporates the Wiggles hosting a two hourish breakfast time with wiggling, learning, singing, and dancing. It is all my LaLa has talked about for weeks. "Mommy, will the wiggles come on tomorrow?" "Mommy, do you think the wiggles can just come to our house for dinner? We could have wiggly waffles. That's their favorites!" The last comment inspired my dinner party idea!

LaLa, Little Bit, and I made waffles. I knew I had a waffle maker for a good reason! We made fruit salad...yummy, yummy! Fruit salad was a great dish if you have little hands that want to help! We had bacon...remember all that free bacon! I also had sausage cocktails that I cut the ends to be Henry the Octopus...my husband and LaLa ate ALL of these before we even started dinner! We also had Rosy tea to drink and hash brown casserole (from the song, Hot Potato, Hot Potato!). LaLa and I had extra programs from a wiggles concert that we glued to scrapbook paper for place mats and we found balloons left over from a recent birthday party that were perfect wiggly colors.

It was a lot of fun! After dinner, LaLa said, "Now, it's time for a Wiggly Dance Party!" And, that is exactly what we did! We went in the living room and danced with the wiggles...even Little Bit! It's crazy how a throw together party made such a memory...to all of us! Honestly, even Hubby and I had a blast! It certainly perked up our week! My sweet hubby took pictures of our wiggly party because he said "Tammy, this is too cool. You have to blog it!" So, thanks to Robert, I have pictures to share! Blogging is becoming a family affair!

Mama Drama Rule #26: Make even the smallest things in your children's lives a memory. It doesn't have to be time consuming or expensive...just a little different than the usual and extra special! I know even now as an adult those are the things that I remember most!
Per Request...I'm adding an addendum to this post! Here's some simple ideas for your next extra special dinner. I'd love to hear yours or hear your little one's response to these! It seems to be a list kind of week!
1. make a meal into a smiley face
2. use cookie cutters for sandwiches or cheese slices
3. Decorate with a bouquet of flowers you pick out together or some balloons
4. Dress up for a "tea" party
5. make dinner a theme (turn pancakes into waffles for Easter) (turn dinner into a jack-o-lantern face!) (dora party with a map to dinner...roll up tortilla shells as 'the map', make a path...with vegies and sing dora's song, etc)
6. if all else fails...google an idea!

No comments: