Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Making Summer Memories

Summer Fun can be found in the most unexpected places! My girls love to cut grass with their daddy on his John Deere or with their Grandaddy (aka Gumpy) on his super duper lawn mower. We stopped by to say hello to my parents, and LaLa could just not get out of the car fast enough once she realized her Gumpy was cutting the grass without her. In her mind, nobody can accomplish this particular task without the help of LaLa! She was already on there and strapped in before I could even get Little Bit out of her car seat! I turned the corner and saw LaLa and Gumpy giggling like crazy little kids going around and around. It just made my heart happy. In this moment, LaLa would not have been happier if she would have been riding the teacups in Disney World! It made her day, and it made her laugh!

When I ran over there with my camera, they stopped real fast like they were little kids in trouble! I had to tell them to do it again so I could catch it on camera. LaLa got off and couldn't walk straight! Silly, silly!

Our Memorable Summer Moments 2009...
according to my little family:
1. Cutting the Grass with Daddy and Gumpy
2. Our Vegetable Garden
3. Going and Cheering for Daddy in his Triathlons
4. Beach Trips!
5. Little Bit starting to walk & her big Birthday!
6. LaLa's Soccer Games
7. Grilling out & eating outside
8. Fireworks & Fun on the Fourth
9. Bubbles & Chalk Hopscotch with Nana & Daddy Gene
10. Going on walks & "nature hunts" with Mama
11. Going on "trips" with MiMi shopping & to the park
12. Playing Games with Aunt J

Mama Drama Rule #25: There is nothing like a child's laughter to brighten your day! When you get crazy and frustrated, stop, take a break, and get on the floor with your little one. Tickle them and make silly faces until they do that great big belly laugh! It will surely make you forget your frustrations!

No comments: