Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grandparent Goofs I







We are very fortunate to have two sets of wonderful grandparents. My parents live very close and are an intricate part in keeping my sanity with their help and support. My hubby's parents live a couple hours away, but they come down regularly and go out of their way to stay in close touch. They are all so dedicated and adore the girls...honestly, they spoil them rotten! My girls somehow know that both sets of grandparents will do anything at anytime for their grandbabies. I don't know how grandkids learn this so young!

My hubby's parents spent this weekend with us. We had a fun-filled time going to LaLa's soccer game, grilling out, and hubby and I even took advantage of their visit and went on a wonderful date...without kids! Now, they are way too nice to ever say this, but many people have told me that I am a little OCD when it comes to leaving my kids with...anyone. I make lists, important information, etc.. I have really improved and do not do this as severely as I used to. So, for my hubby's parents...I set out the girl's jammies, their dinners, snacks they could have, their cups for dinner, explained bedtime routines, etc..

When we came back, LaLa was laying on the couch with her grandparents and about ready for bed. I volunteered to get her ready for bed, and I asked her grandparents where her jammies were. Her granddad came around the corner with Little Bit's jammies saying "Now, these can't be LaLa's...where would hers be?" Then, the story began unfolding.

They bathed Little Bit off, and began putting on her jammies. LaLa said, "Nana, let me look at her jammies." Nana said, "oh, they're winnie the pooh." LaLa emphasized, "No, Nana, turn her around and let me get a good look at her." Her grandparents kind of laughed at the three year old's mature reaction of getting a critical look at these particular jammies. LaLa said in response to Nana turning Little Bit around to show her off, "Hmmm...that just doesn't seem right. I have jammies just like that. That seems weird." Her response was written off as a random, crazy thing my 3 year old says...which happens often with her imagination! Her granddad went on upstairs to put a sleepy Little Bit to bed. Come to find out, the Grandparents actually put LaLa's jammies on Little Bit...keep in mind Little Bit wears 9-12 months and LaLa wears 3 or 4T.

As I walked in to check on my sleeping Little Bit, she is sleeping so peacefully in a shirt that swallowed her whole and shorts that went past her little ankles. It was quite funny! What was even funnier is LaLa had figured it out the whole time.

Mama Drama Rule #12: I love grandparent goofs! They're cute and funny...However, it's not so cute and funny if a mama makes the same goof. Your husband would be wondering what you'd been drinking!

Just wait, my mama's grandparent goof coming up tomorrow!

2 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by to say how much I've enjoyed your posts. Thank you !

Tammy said...

Elise,
Thanks so much for commenting! You made my day!
Tammy