Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It Might Just Come Back to Bite You in the Butt!



Whew! I thought I was having a truly incredible awesome mama day. If things keep going this way, they might even pronounce me as an inspiration to all other mamas out there! I was on top of things this particular morning doing laundry, running errands, (even went to the gym!), effectively adhering to our schedule. I put Little Bit to bed to nap and silently praised myself on the trip down the stairs. Yep, I even did the little happy dance.

Now, we had our squabbles throughout the morning, but with the accomplishments of the day thus far…this was not even necessary to mention! Little Bit is teething and gnawing on everything…including humans. I remind her NO BITE and tell LaLa that she’s teething. Our Little Bit is also copying and following LaLa around lately like a shadow. I, personally, think it’s adorable…LaLa becomes highly annoyed. I try to explain to LaLa that Little Bit just thinks she is REALLY cool and wants to be just like her.

Now, with one child asleep, I effectively maneuver LaLa on a “shape” project. Oh yeah, I’m really good…I didn’t even pop in a video. She had a "bon-a-fide" project! I had a called a few friends in route on errands (AKA the only place that I get a chance to have a civilized phone conversation). Well, one I had missed called back. I decided that I was doing so well with my lists, tasks, and day as a whole that I would go ahead and indulge myself with a girl chat. Throughout my chat, I tried to keep my 3 year old focused with little tidbits of redirection and encouragement. She came over and (what I thought) hugged my leg. Well, suddenly, in the midst of “hug” and phone conversation, she took the biggest bite out of my “hiney”(our AC—after children—term for butt)! Oh, I was furious!

I quickly ended my phone conversation and was ready to set this child straight! She said, “Well, you know how Little Bit bites. My teeth don’t hurt, but I want to be like her. I just think she is really cool.” I heard my own words come back to bite me…literally! She had some time in her room and a little redirection on that concept, but I think I was the one who learned the lesson! By the way, I still have my reminder of teeth marks on my butt cheek!

Mama Drama Rule #4: Remember…Just when you think you have got it all under control, it’ll come back to bite you in the…hiney!

WORKING ON A PROJECT TODAY! WILL POST LATER HOW IT WORKS OUT! OF COURSE, THAT’S ONLY THE PLAN…WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN BY THE END OF THE DAY!

No comments: