Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Project for the Day~Sippy Cups & Embroidered Inserts~




This was my project for today. We are getting ready for preschool, and I thought this would be great to avoid writing all over my sippy cups, especially because we tend to share all the cups between the girls. I was determined that these could not be THAT difficult! Unintentionally, we happen to take the "cow" one to Chick-fil-a when we went to lunch today. We had so many compliments on it! My daughter loves "cowgirl" things so that was her pick. The leopard print was in a preschooler's language "baby jaguar" print...ya know, from Diego, of course!

If you try to make these, I figured out that the trick is to use thick, really thick, stabilizer. It works better, too, if you iron it. Then, when you hoop it, use an additional stabilizer so it will fit the entire hoop. I, then, covered the back with a solid color...just because it looked better, but I guess no one really looks at the back of the insert. It would simple to make it reversible. You could put the same name on both sides. This would give the child the option...or if you have two kids, it might be easier instead of searching. You would then have them all double sided with both kid's names.

I'm totally going to start doing these for gifts! It's perfect for preschool or nursery! I'm selling the inserts for 4 dollars. If you want two & want the same "font" and "name" on different fabric, I'll do those for just 3 dollars more. Check out ebay...they are at least 5 dollars (not including shipping). The cups are tricky to find and range anywhere from 4.99 to 5.99. I have had luck finding them sporadically at Publix. If you want the cup and the insert, I'm selling those for $10. I have teal, purple, and green...and on the hunt for more!

No comments: