Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Little Bit is TWO!

Happy Birthday, Little Bit!

You know, my goal as a mother from early on was to make sure that I treasured every single little moment. I did not want to look back one day with regrets. I didn't want to hear a little old lady tell me, "it's over in a blink of an eye" and worry that I was missing something. Although that was my goal, I still feel like these last two years FLEW by without me noticing. I was intentional with my moments where my children are concerned, yet despite my deepest efforts, here I am two years since Little Bit was born...shaking my head and wondering where the time went.

I think with your first born you are so excited to reach each and every milestone that you are looking ahead...not behind at phases that passed by you. I know that is the way I was with LaLa. Plus, as soon as LaLa passed this baby stage, I was so excited about what was just ahead...preschool, being able to be more independent, soccer, more talking, more active, etc.. I was pregnant when LaLa turned two. I think that helped too! I knew the "baby" world was still just around the corner. It is so odd to be excited over such a milestone, yet so sad when those milestones go by as well. Wow, what contradictory feelings!

Little Bit is so excited about her big party on Saturday. She is pointing at pictures of all her friends and family (hanging up on a board beside changing table) and asking, "they coming to my bertday?" She can also hold up two fingers when you ask her how old she is. However, she has to hold up one finger on each hand because she just hasn't grasped the concept of two fingers side by side on one hand! Regardless, it's cute!

LaLa has been a great big sister to Little Bit today. She woke her up by singing happy birthday! We spent the day as a family at Chuck-e-cheese, and the girls had a great deal of fun. I think they should hand prozac out to the parents when you leave. Needless to say, the grown ups are quite exhausted!


Can you guess what kind of party Little Bit is having!?:)

No comments: