Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh, HEAVENS! My weekend mess of stress...

I guess I often say "oh, heavens" when I'm in a pickle. LaLa just walked in her room and said, "oh, heavens, mama, what have you done?!"



It has to be done...every mama knows that it does. I don't think my husband has any idea of the extent of work that is involved in switching out seasons and sizes out of our girls closets. It is a massive project. Why in the world am I doing this project the week before LaLa's pirate birthday party? I don't know. I'm asking myself the same thing! I'm a glutton for punishment...or maybe I know that I will clean it up and organize it before pirate guests arrive. It's good motivation at least. I didn't mean to pull everything out. I started small, but I just got more and more involved until the closet was empty and the bed was full. Let me add, this is the bed and the bedroom that LaLa no longer sleeps in because she insists on sleeping in her sister's room.

I'm not sure where to start. I have two girlfriends that have cleaned and purged kid's clothes over the last few weeks...first motivation that inspired me. I really don't know what they have and don't have...second motivation. I need to buy spring and summer stuff...and they have both grown so much! I have bought some stuff ahead last season. I have no idea where that should go. Will I have more kids one day? Should I save all their clothes when they outgrow them? I'm running out of space for storage and I may not have more...or if the sun and the moon and the stars aligned, we could even have a boy instead of another girl one day! Should I pack up the stuff LaLa outgrows because Little Bit is close behind fitting in those clothes. UGH! I probably need to be working on that pile of clothes rather than blogging about it.

I just had to share my mess of stress! I think I just close my eyes and blink and maybe it will organize itself...or maybe I should go to Starbucks and walk down every aisle of Hobby Lobby...it'll still be there later, right?

If you have any organization ideas for closets, please share....

No comments: