Thursday, March 4, 2010

The BEST date EVER

My husband is not going to like this post...
Curious now...aren't you?!:)

I went on the best DATE ever last Saturday night, but it was not with my husband. He was actually watching the children.

That sounds more interesting than it really was!

I actually went on a date with a girlfriend. Dates with my husband aren't bad, but this date was exactly what I would have picked to do and I was with someone that enjoyed what I enjoyed! We decided that it was great because we did our favorite things...

We ate Olive Garden. We went and saw a movie, When in Rome. We went shopping and shopping and shopping. It was the ideal date. I didn't have to worry about a babysitter because they were with Robert. I didn't have to worry about what my husband would enjoy doing. I could talk and talk and someone talked back...my hubby starts getting that glazed look. He has even told me before that  I talk more words than anyone he has ever met. I'm not so sure that was a compliment!

It was so much fun. I felt so refreshed and energetic when I got home. I felt like a real person...not just like a mommy or a wife for a little while. I think everyone needs a date night without their husbands and with a close friend sometimes!

My hubby offered to get a babysitter and take me out for my birthday this weekend. He asked what I would want to do...hmmmm...I told him after my date last weekend the bar is set pretty high. He wasn't amused!:)

What would you do on your friend date?

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I'd break all the rules if I went on a date 'cause I'm a rule breaker evidently. He he.

Sounds like a good idea. Some friends and I met for dinner last week at O'Charley's for one of the girl's bdays and it was nice to just sit and talk. Talking with other Mommies is so theraputic! That's why I hang out at ballet so long on Tuesdays. ;)

Thanks for the compliment on my dining room. The rooms have evolved over time and I just add and take away as I like things.

I'll come over anytime but I bet your house is darling!

Kt said...

I LOVE girls nights! It's so nice to get away and just enjoy friends who enjoy the same things!