Tuesday, January 26, 2010

See Ya Later...Alligator...



How can an upcoming vacation make you so excited, anxious, and sad all at the same time? Well, that's what happens when you have children! I am so very excited about the opportunity to get away, sleep, relax, read, write...(oh,yeah) and spend some one on one time with my hubby (I've already warned him the other items are very high on my list though! I might just see him at the end of the week & sleep the entire time!).

Regardless, the sad and anxious part kicks in because you wonder how your kids are just ever going to make it with you over the next few days! My mom will be watching the girls. I'm sure she will do a wonderful job and will be very tired by the time we return, yet I am still plagued with this feeling of...hmmm....could it be a brief bout of mommy guilt? I think that's it with a little bit of "supermommy" thrown in there. You know what supermommy is-that feeling where we just have to have our super cape in our back pocket trying to do it all, all the time. Essentially, it is the concept that our kids just will not make it if we aren't there. More importantly, it is the part of our brain that just won't relax even when we have the opportunity. Is there medication for such things?

So, what have I done to get ready for the cruise?


  1. Written list after list of what to pack, emergency numbers, our itinerary, what the girls need to do each day, where they go, what to feed them...


  2. Shopped, shopped, and shopped.


  3. Put a lot of clothes out to pack, but I haven't packed ANYTHING. I know...way to wait to the last minute.


  4. Bought 6 books to read on trip...stayed up LATE last night reading one. I continually told myself to stop reading and save it for the trip, but I was a little excited.


  5. Talked about everything that I NEED to do before we leave for the trip! (I'm good at this one! Notice I did not say DO anything I NEED to do before the trip!)


  6. Laundry...until I get distracted. Have you heard that it's a sign of genius if you aren't good at getting laundry and housework completed? Probably not because I made it up, but it sounds good! I would definitely be a genius.


  7. Procrastinate...you know, like I am now by blogging!

Well, I am not one of those fancy, smancy bloggers that planned way ahead and have posts scheduled to go out on the days that I won't be around! That is one of those things that I thought about doing though!:) I will relax for all of you mommies out there that need a break too! I have lots of fun crafts coming up when I get back. We are super excited about hosting a superbowl party too. I need great ideas that incorporate kids and adults, if you have any! I am sure that there will be great adventures from my Tammy Trip & with my sweet little monsters angels under my mom's care...good luck, mom thanks again, mom!

In a while...crocodile...be back next Tuesday...






No comments: