Thursday, January 14, 2010

Focus on that Crazy Love!


When I was getting my doctorate, one of the first classes that I took had each of us decide on a word or mission statement to get us effectively through the process of school. It was a practice that I thought was silly at first, but it has definitely helped me even after I finished school.

What's the love of your life? Where is your focus? I've decided that's my WORD for 2010 is FOCUS. I am an expert on NOT focusing! Let me just take you into a moment of my brain and my world...I start folding clothes. Then, I think, "ooooh, I need to put out meat to thaw out for dinner." Oh, yeah, while I am getting the meat out of the freezer, I think of this wonderful magazine article that describes ways to organize your freezer. I start moving things around in my freezer and make a list of what I need to buy and find for this project. Oh, no, there was a scream...two little girls are wrestling on the floor for a naked baby doll. I become referee for the moment. Suddenly, I realize that I had left my dryer open and the clothes halfway folded. Some little person has placed handfuls of crayons in the dryer as well, which I notice several hours later that I somehow missed one. Was that the phone ringing or the doorbell? Oh well, back to my chaos. Now, I have towels and a sheet with blue wax melted forever on them. This is the way my days go as a mama. I am a professional, self-proclaimed sidetracked mama or a mama with ADHD. My brain runs so quickly of what to do and what needs to be done. I have so many creative things I want to get accomplished, and I have two little cuties that need full attention. So, my word for the year, my focus, and my mission is FOCUS. Focus on what needs to be accomplished (timers and lists really help me), and FOCUS on what is important! I am working on it diligently, but I am continually reminding myself not to forget!

Our Sunday School group is doing a book study on a book called Crazy Love. (12 dollars at Walmart!) It has just reminded me over and over to FOCUS! It has taken me out of my 360 view, which is quite limited and often very selfish. I feel like I am looking at everything from a bird's eye view...when I step back and FOCUS! My husband is even reading the book! He doesn't care to read (I know, isn't that crazy!), but the book is very reader friendly. I  love my crazy life. I love how much I am learning in this season of my life. I feel like my world as a mama is overflowing with blessings. I'm continually intrigued at how hard mamas work to do it all. I'm intrigued and inspired. It's the same crazy love that mamas have for their children that the author of Crazy Love talks about we should have for Jesus.

Check out this video http://www.crazylovebook.com/videos_stop.html. It'll help you FOCUS:).

No comments: