Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I'm so FULL of THANKS!

My kids drive me crazy at times. I am often so sleepy because one of my kids will wake up in the middle of the night or really, really early. I have this annoying habit of not being able to turn my brain off at night when I get started on a project...which also leads to a really tired mama. I lose my patience at times. My house gets messy. I often start ten projects all at once. I choose an extra fifteen minutes of sleep over a shower at times. I fall asleep before I finish my prayers sometimes. I forget to tell my kids, husband, family, and friends how wonderful they are to me at times. I am not a good phone person. I get completely distracted after talking for five minutes. I only check phone messages every week...or so (which tends to drive my family and friends crazy). I'm not very good in emergencies. I often wonder if I am making the right decisions from the small things as feeding my kids organic or not organic to big things like should I go back to work or continue to stay home. A lot of the times...there is no right or wrong answer. I completely stress over any confrontation or decision making.
Regardless of all of the different things where I know I fall short...

I look at these two precious girls...I mean really stop in the moment and look at my kids...and know that there is something that is absolutely wonderful in my world—my own piece of heaven from God, Himself. I may not be everything I want to be or do everything I should do, but I know that I am so blessed to be given the opportunity to be their mama.

My heart is so full of thanks...to God...for these two girls.






This Thanksgiving, when I am trying to cook and maneuver all the food and preparations for our families, I will try my hardest to step back from the chaos and the expectations...and be in the moment with a heart full of thanks to God. I know I fall short. I know I do not deserve this position, but I am blessed to be given the opportunity....to be called MAMA by LaLa and Little Bit.

Mama Drama Rule #77: Take a moment to realize just what an incredible honor it is to be called...mama.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Oh how I can relate! Thanks for this reminder to step back and really look at all the wonderful things in my life.