Friday, September 11, 2009

Imagination Makes the World HAPPY!




Oh, what fun it is to be three! When your imagination is completely wide open for anything and everything! If I had the ability to use my imagination like that, I would imagine a perfect, clean home with a wrap around porch...and of course, the nanny and the butler would be setting up
lemonade and homemade snicker doodles for me and the girls! I just can't conjure it up like they can! Right now, my three year old and one of her "bestest friends" are relaxing in a box, a huge box, with my husband piled with pillows and blankets and watching Ariel. They made crowns to be mermaid princesses, which took a long time with foam stickers! Great way to occupy the girls! Then, my husband brought home this huge box from work, and we all decorated it...even the little girls...to be our "boat"! They have taken the entire night so seriously that I am even convinced that they are little mermaid princesses chilling in their boats watching Little Mermaid. What cracks me up even more is that as I was in the kitchen making popcorn...my husband is in the box with the girls just belting out every song on little mermaid! He's such a good girl daddy!

I always make popcorn for my girls...and Robert...with things hidden inside like goldfish or little pretzels and m&ms or skittles...sweet, salty, and popcorn! I didn't think about LaLa's "bestest" friend not knowing this & so a few minutes went by...she was digging in her popcorn and exclaims "a SKEEEETLE" and just started going crazy showing everybody. It was hilarious.

The world of a three year old's imagination has just made my night so happy! How blessed I am to be able to spend time with my family...and their "bestest" friends...in a box!

Mama Drama Rule #36: Sometimes the happiest moments in a child's life are the ones enhanced by their imagination! I know the best inspiration for my imagination are my kids!

No comments: