Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am Super MOM! according to LaLa

This is completely random, but it has made my day! My LaLa is a genius! She is having cap and cape day for the letter "C" day tomorrow. Well, my little ones LOVE to run around the house with anything they can find that resembles a cape on their back, which completely cracks me up because where have they even seen superheroes to know of such things?! Regardless, towels at bath time become their superhero capes. Laundry when it is being folded becomes their capes. So, I finally decided since we are having this grand cap and cape day at preschool, we would just have to make them one each. It was really easy! I'll leave directions at the end. They refused to pose for my pictures so I'll have to try again later!

We left Little Bit with my mom, and LaLa and I went out to run some errands before we leave for the beach for Labor Day. She said, "Mama, where's your cape." Absently, I said, "Well, I guess I forgot to put it on today." LaLa seriously said, "Well, you're still super mom anyway!" Like I said, she's a genius!

Directions & LaLa's Instructions for making a pillow case into a super hero cape!
I took a pillowcase (you can get two for less than five dollars at Wal-mart) and measured where it would need to come down on them in the back. Then I folded it over (open side of the case), cut off the "extra" leaving about 3 inches folder over (like where you'd put a curtain rod in a curtain...or elastic in a waist). Then, I sewed the folded over part with a straight stitch all the way across the pillow case. Then, I made a "string" by just sewing the extra part of the pillow case that I cut off, but you could use ribbon. It would be even easier! Slide the "string" through the open part that you sewed on the pillow case. Scrunch the pillow case so that it fits just right to stay behind them. Sew the "string" on each side of the opening so it stays put! Then, you have a wonderful cape! BTW, it can be an waist apron too, but I won't burst my girls' bubble! I wanted so badly to embroider a giant C on it for the big "C" day tomorrow at preschool. She told me she didn't "care" for that kind of stuff! However, she came upstairs with her magna doodle. She brought it over to me, and said, "Look, mom, it needs to look like this." It was a square with polka dots and two lines coming out of. Sure, LaLa, anything else I can do for you. By the way, it doesn't have polka dots! I hope that makes sense! It really was easy.

Mama Drama Rule #32: Grab the moments when you children think you're wonderful & amazing & hero-like because that child-like wonder for mama doesn't last forever!

No comments: