Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Funnies from a Three Year Old...


My three year old has been hilarious lately... picking up on what the big people are saying...it just doesn't come out the same from a three year old's little mouth.

We were watching football on Saturday. She said, "Boy, these football players stop for a lot of comushrooms. What are they doing why we watch the comushrooms?" (comushrooms are commercials we figured out.)

She and her daddy were laying in bed reading a book..."Daddy, I'm so comfortable with you." He says, "LaLa, what does comfortable mean?" She replied seriously and concerned that her daddy didn't know, "it means...ya know..cozy."

Her daddy took she and her sister to Elmo last minute on Sunday when a friend had some extra tickets. This is the first big outing daddy has done with the girls. I asked LaLa how did daddy do (trying to get some inside information). She said, "Well, he had to have some help from everybody, but he had a big bag of snacks and even remembered to smell Little Bit's diaper before we left. He was a good sharer too." (Now, I know what makes a good parent in her eyes!)

I asked, "LaLa, did you have fun going to watch Elmo's show?" She replies,"Yes, it was lots of fun and my friend was there. But I dance better than Elmo...maybe I can help him out next time we go." (definitely no problem with her self confidence)

I have to add this one even though it's not LaLa. One of my best friends, Pepper (seriously that is what my kids call her), came down with her two little ones to go to the coupon class with me. Her three year old, Caleb, says "mail truck". The first time I heard him say it was over the phone, and I said, "WHAT did he just say?!" His tr sound sounds like the f sound...making a very interesting new word that he innocently says as for mail truck!

My husband gets mad at our two rowdy little dogs often, but he really loves them deep down...he just gets frustrated with the high maintenance tendencies of a Chihuahua and a Yorkie. He has said before as he was opening the back door to let them go potty in our fenced in yard, "ugh, sometimes I wish those dogs would just run away." LaLa tells daddy, "that's not nice." And, I try to explain to her..."it's not nice and daddy doesn't mean it...he's just frustrated." Let me add, I would probably need therapy if my dogs ran away. LaLa was getting frustrated with Little Bit following her around and trying to do everything she was doing and said, "UGH, I'm going to let you out and wish you run away if you don't stop vunsterating me!"

I asked LaLa what her favorite thing is about ballet. I just new it was going to be her teacher or the cute outfits or the tap shoes or the twirling. She said, "All of the mirrors. I like to watch myself."

As we walked into Wal-mart with my mom yesterday, LaLa went up to this pole at the entrance holding the carts in and tried to swing around it. She is my monkey and is always trying to scale, climb, or swing on something. I said, "don't do that. You could fall." Now, the last time we had this conversation about swinging on a pole she told me she was "petending" to be a fireman going to a fire. So, I said, "that's not a fireman's pole so let's not swing on it." She said, "No, mommy, I wasn't swinging on it like a fireman. I just want to dance and swing on the pole." Ummm....oh dear....where did that come from? My mom and I just looked at each other. Hopefully, that isn't a career choice down the road!

In the grocery store, I told LaLa and Little Bit to look at how good that little girl was behaving sitting so quietly and still in the grocery cart...thinking I would encourage my wild little munchkins by pointing out positives in another little kid that we passed. In response, LaLa patted Little Bit's head and said, "Well, she nevers sits still and I still have ants in my pants (something I had mentioned days ago) and so I'll tell her good job when our buggy passes hers." Oh, well, that didn't work.

LaLa yells, "COUPON, COOOOOPPPPOOOONNNN, mommy!" when she sees the blinkie coupon machines at the store. I thank her for helping and grap one. This elderly lady said, "oh, aren't you a sweet and smart girl. do you like coupons, honey." LaLa replies, "Coupons help you save money. I'll give you one and you can give me moneys for it if you wants to." She proceeds to hold out a coupon to the lady. I just smile and shake my head completely embarrassed. Grocery shopping is worse than survivor lately!

Tomorrow, I'm sharing good ideas that we've used and stolen from others to help you survive the football season with little ones...and even enjoy it yourself!


Mama Drama Rule #43: The funny little things that kids' say can be the same little thing that make our days go from bad to good in one moment. Appreciate those funny little things and store them up!

No comments: