Thursday, August 13, 2009

You are my Sunshine..or "SONshine"...


A couple weeks ago, my kids and I were doing our grocery shopping. I was very frustrated with the long lines and my kiddos refusing to stay in the buggy and touching EVERYTHING. LaLa turned to me and said, “Mama, are you shining?” Looking down at my shirt and wiping my face…thinking I must have a sticker or something on me to ensue this question, I said, “Am I shining where, LaLa?” She said, “Mama, we’re suppose to shine for Jesus all the time.” Hmmm…good point, LaLa, and good accountability, huh? My guess this was recently a topic in Sunday School or Children’s Church. It definitely stuck with her!

She has consistently asked me the same question over the last couple weeks. It seems every time I get frustrated…there is LaLa to ask me the same question, “Mama, are you shining for Jesus?”Today, I asked her how she is shining. She responded, “Well, today, I shined for Jesus every time I smiled.” Wow, I think Jesus is trying to tell me something lately! I could do a lot more smiling and a lot more shining.

“Let your light shine in front of others. Then they will see the good things you do. And they will praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16


Mama Drama Rule # 16: The truth can come to you in all different ways…just be careful to really listen for it…even when it is annoying!

No comments: