Sunday, August 16, 2009

PERFECTION

My hubby and I teach a 3 year old Awana's class on Sunday nights. It's a neat organization. It is almost like a boy/girl scout from a Christian perspective and inspiration. You learn Bible lessons and Bible verses and earn badges for your vest. It's quite entertaining so far. We usually have eight students. One of them is our three year old daughter, LaLa.

Tonight, we did a "puppet" show to visually show the little people what sin is. The puppets did sinful actions (wouldn't share, didn't obey, wasn't kind, etc). Whenever the puppets would "sin", one of the kids would mark on their cut out hearts with chalk to show that sin makes our heart yucky. Then, to represent Jesus dying on the cross and paying the price for our sins, the kids erased the chalk from their hearts. I really thought the kids were getting the concept and into the lesson. I was thinking..."Yeah! "They understand the concept." It's a difficult lesson for adults much less little ones.

Just when we thought the kids were really getting it, one child told me that Jesus didn't need to die on the cross for her sins because she doesn't sin. She said, "I don't sin that hurts Jesus. I'm perfect. My daddy told me so." Yep, that was my daughter. Thanks Robert! I'll let him explain that one.

Mama Drama Rule #18: Be careful what you tell your children! They take you very seriously!

Project coming soon! I have gone "bag" crazy lately. I found cute, reasonable bags at Big Lots and Hobby Lobby! They are clearing them out before seasonal changes! They are perfect for embroidery! These are great for church nursery or to make cute gift sets in! I also spent A LOT of time at Hobby Lobby Saturday buying seasonal fabric! I'm so excited to do sewing and embroidery projects for the fall!

No comments: