Monday, August 17, 2009

Monogram Madness! Give a Bag some Personality! Embroider it!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday! My girls and I are being attacked brutally by allergies. I barely have a voice! My hubby and LaLa think it is quite funny that chatty mama can only croak out "her commands" as "queen mama"! Hubby and I are suppose to go out of town for several days the end of this week (more on that later!) without the kids! First time...serious mama drama! My mama (aka...mimi and mafia mama) and my "adopted" sister (aka...actually my cousin that grew up with us, psycho sis--meant with love:), and mini mafia mama) are managing the mama front while we are gone! With my known control issues, it is sure to be quite interesting! God bless them for even trying to manage this crazy chaos!

Remember, I said I was "bag" crazy lately! It all started with LaLa's "soccer celebration". I went on a search for sporty (cheap) (but still sturdy) bags that I could embroider for the soccer team, "The Sizzles". I ordered them, and I'm hoping they will be in today or tomorrow! I also ordered little trick or treat bags for LaLa's preschool class to embroider (and extras if you want one!). This mama is seriously planning ahead! I just love the fall and all the holidays so it's more getting excited than planning ahead!

LaLa came up to me yesterday with her little ballet bag, and said, "Mama, wouldn't this just be beautiful with my name on it?" I've created a little mini monogram monster! Also, if you find a bag you want embroidered, I can usually do it for $5-7 according to the size, material, and name! The pink and green bag is stephen joseph's quilted bags. I just did two of these. One was for my Little Bit and one was for a friend! They are expensive little bags (25-30 a piece), but they last forever and you can throw them in the washing machine!

Then, I found these cute bags the other day. (bags with bow and mini backpacks) Now, these are not sturdy bags. Imagine the "going green" kind of material from the grocery store bags. They are great, though, for little ones to take to nursery or restaurant toys, going on a trip to grandma's, etc.. I also made one for our "library books" to return to hang on the hook by the door. This way library books go right back in the bag. We just grab it on the way out instead of searching for them when they're due! It looks nice and organized too!

I'm only selling these for $6.00 (for a letter or monogram) and $7.00 (for a name). I have been using these for "gift bags". I'm working on one now for a sweet girl at church that's expecting. I'm putting the baby's name on the bag and filling it with "baby stuff". Cute and personal...and so far...the gift is less than $20! I'll post a pic when I'm all done!

I found this cute blog the other day called southern charm. The author said one true southern tradition is to put our monogram on everything! Well, I guess my girls and I are really, really southern!:)

Happy Monday!
Tammy

No comments: