Friday, August 7, 2009

A Mama's Embarrassing Moment...Don't let them catch you with your pants down!

I was talking on the phone recently as both of my children were pulling on my pants and my legs to get my attention. I made the remark that my girls were making me lose my focus in my conversation because my pants were literally starting to fall down. I don’t know what it is about being on the phone that totally attracts children to need your immediate attention. They were completely preoccupied prior to the phone ringing!

My friend said, “oh no, I have you beat on that!” She told me this story, and I laughed so hard that I thought I was going to wet my pants! I asked her permission to share this story because it is just hilarious! I hope I can tell it as well as she did!

She was recently at Chick-fil-a with her two little girls (a 3 and 1 year old). She always dresses super cute, and I can just see her wearing the outfit she described… a summery cotton skirt and a cute t-shirt. It was “cow” appreciation day (free meals for people who dress up as cows) so the place was extra packed. She picked up her cutie of a one year old and had her on one hip. With the other hand, she grabbed the tray that was piled full of food. She thought she was balancing the two pretty well! Just then, her three year old became very upset about something and came over desperately trying to get her mama’s attention! My friend was pretty coordinated and tried to handle the upset three year old, balance her full tray, and hold the squirming one year old. Well, I guess her three year old was just not completely satisfied and grabbed on to mama’s skirt trying to get her attention once again. Just then, my poor friend’s skirt was left pulled down by her little girl. So, there she was…baby on one hip, full tray in the other, everyone looking at the upset preschooler (and her in turn) and her skirt down by her ankles! She said she couldn’t figure out what to do first…fuss at her preschooler, put down the baby (but then she’d have to bend over!), or walk over and put her tray down…in order to pull her skirt back up!

This story just cracked me up, and I am so glad she let me share it! At least my kids haven’t managed to do that yet in public…but I wouldn’t put it passed them…I’ll just have to steer away from wearing loose pants!

Mama Drama Rule #12: When you feel like your kids have embarrassed you so badly that you just might cry…remember that one day you’ll be retelling it and laughing hysterically! It will completely make it less traumatic!

Project: I'm still working on those sibling shirts! They're almost done, and I'm hoping to finish them up this weekend! Hopefully, they'll be up by Sunday...or Monday! First week of school has made this mama really far behind this week!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one that had embarrassing moments like that. I can relate to your friend's experience. Years ago my three year old daughter pulled up my skirt at a Wal-Mart!! It was unbeleivably embarrassing! I dropped what I had in my hand and yanked my skirt back down. I grabbed her by the hand and headed right out of the store, leaving my shopping cart behind. It's funny now, but when it happened, it was horrible!

Tammy said...

Bless your heart, but it is hilarious! Thanks for sharing your story...it made me crack up! Kids have an unbelievable way of finding the best opportunity to innocently humiliate us!