Thursday, August 6, 2009

Join the Mama Drama Club!

I am thoroughly enjoying writing this blog. I can't believe how rewarding and theraputic it is to share my thoughts and struggles as a mama. It is a job that I still continue to learn something new in everyday! It is definitely a journey! First, I became a mama. I read every book I could get my hands on when I was pregnant. I had a doctorate degree in education. I had worked multiple years with small children. Surely, I would have no problem being a mama. By the second week, I was crying to my mama telling her how I didn't know what I was doing! So, I read more books and articles. I am constantly researching something on my family!

When I noticed how often these topics are ignored and overlooked in parenting books and mama books, I thought that mamas need more. Mamas need support. They need to know that it is a struggle for all mamas...even the ones out there that look like they have it all under control! It doesn't matter if you are a new mom or a seasoned mom...you are a mom. It doesn't matter if you work or if you stay at home...you are a mom. It is a bond that holds so many of us together, yet being a mama can be such a lonely job at times!

I just want to say thank you for the encouragement and support that everyone has shared! I hope you'll join in the Mama Drama Club and travel with me as I continue to learn on this mama journey! Please comment or email what you think! I'm sure you all have many, many experiences of mama drama, and I'd love to hear that others totally "get" what I'm going through! As they say, strength is found in numbers!

Happy Mama Drama to All!
Tammy

No comments: