Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Coupons, coupons, coupons


I've been a little obsessed lately with blogs, articles, and friends that are using and saving using coupons. They are spending a fortune at the grocery store and coming out actually spending a few dollars. I get so frustrated every week after I finish my grocery shopping at how much money I spend, and I plan our menus according to what is on sale! I have decided this is definitely an area that I can save us money...resulting in more money for cute things for my girls and fun stuff to do!

I guess I have been talking quite a lot about this without realizing it! I picked LaLa up from preschool today and told her that we had to run by the store because we were making her soccer coach a special gift from the team for the soccer celebration Friday. She said, "oh, mama, i will probably need a toy too, but I forgot my coupon at home!" I couldn't help but laugh...and totally got suckered into letting her get a toy at the dollar store...without the non-existing coupon!

A new friend is helping me with my coupon obsession, and I am going to take a class soon! Coupon classes, who knew?! I'm so overwhelmed by the entire concept, but I'm determined and inspired so I'll keep you posted! I heard today how to get free bacon from Publix. We'll see if it works! One website that the friend told me about is http://www.hotcouponworld.com/. It's a little intimidating so you may need to do like I am and spend some time exploring when the little ones are in bed! Good Luck!

This is just part of the latest of this mama's drama! My hubby and I are also leaving our two sweet girls for four days with my parents while my hubby is in a triathlon in Florida! It's one of the first times we have left them both, and I am a nervous, nervous mama! I'll keep you posted...I know, I know, we mamas are desperate for a break and dream of a vacation...and then we get crazy nervous when we actually get one!

Mama Drama Rule #20- Always save money in areas that you can. A little effort to save money is totally worth it because money saved in one area is more money that can be spent by mama in another area!
Project- I finished the little "sizzles" soccer team's bags for the end of season gifts! I'll try to post them tomorrow before we leave for the beach!

2 comments:

JessRN said...

Ha...had to laugh! I am always scheming to come up with more pennies to stash for scrapbooking binges! Not into the whole mega-coupon thing as of now, but I find it fascinating anyway. There, you now have one comment on this post...lol!

Tammy said...

Oh, Jessica, you made me so excited! It's crazy to think someone is reading the post...much less commenting!:) Thanks for the comment.