Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bring home the bacon! My first coupon experience!

Update...
Just wanted to send an update of my FIRST coupon experience! A friend of mine has a blog: http://timandbethanysjourneyforcaroline.blogspot.com/ She has been "tutoring" me on how to be a coupon queen like her! She completely inspires me with her couponing and budgeting! Let me point out though that her little Caroline is always dressed ADORABLE! She can always find the deals though! I did have my husband do the "deed" of checking out because I was scared how this was really going to work! He's brave, especially when he thinks he will get a deal! Although the manager did have to come out to verify the coupons, it worked great. The check out guy said, "This can't be right. How are you getting the bacon for free, and it says I owe you money?!" The second time around I kinda figured out the overage concept and added a carton of milk...and still did not pay anything! It was amazing!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Awesome job Tammy! Isn't saving money exciting?? You are too sweet with your words. Thanks for the compliments! :)

Anonymous said...

you must tell me more about these coupon classes - i have yet to ever be able to figure it out without going crazy! - groceries is the one area i KNOW we can cut back in, i just am no good at it.

Tammy said...

DJ, I'm learning too! I will totally keep you updated and give you anything I learn! There is a whole underground coupon world! Try that hotcouponworld website! All kinds of tips are in there! I think...I know for me...the hardest part is getting started!