Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Rules of Mama Drama

I am completely new to blogging and to this entire idea! I'm not sure how or where to start! I have gotten completely hooked on several blogs so I thought I would give it a try! I know that I will read through blogs and not feel quite so crazy about all my mama drama when I hear other people going through the same craziness! At the end of the day, the only thing you can do is look back, laugh, and reflect. When you have children, everything changes--your body, your mind, your marriage, your friends, your life, and a whole lot in between! I was one of those that thought I knew...everything! Well, I have learned quite a lot! I knew....nothing! After teaching dozens of kids for five years and getting a doctorate in education, I still stand clueless when my child is laying on the floor pitching the biggest "hissyfit" in the middle of the grocery store. BC (before children) when I saw a child having a "throwdown" fit and causing a raucous, I secretly glanced over analyzing what those parents were doing wrong. Now, AC (After children), I try not to make eye contact and say a silent prayer that it's not mine doing it....this time!

I "steal" crafty ideas and inspiration from blogs regularly so I thought I'd start contributing too! I have hopes of one day selling some of my "crafty" things on the side. I just got an embroidery machine in May, and I am experimenting with....um...anything and everything that I can embroidery in my house and put on my girls! I'll keep you posted! I have two beautiful little girls. "LaLa" is my oldest. She is 3 going on 13. My youngest, "Little Bit," just turned one. So, here's my opportunity to share with family, friends, and soon to be friends my journey of "mama" hood and all the drama that brings along!

Mama Drama Rule #1: There is nothing like being a mama to make you feel like you don't know anything at all. The best thing to do is to accept you will learn more through your children than any book or expert can ever offer, and enjoy every minute. Being a mama is being a lifetime learner!

No comments: