Friday, July 31, 2009

More Monogram Madness...Aprons




Recently, I found these really inexpensive aprons. They are the perfect size for a child under five. We started out doing a "cupcake" theme first birthday party for Little Bit, but then, we decided to do an "enchanted garden" party (I'll share my ideas for that in a later post). I bought these aprons originally for the little "chefs" to decorate their own cupcakes, but then I changed themes. Fortunately, they still worked perfect for a little gardner to plant their flowers! They would also be perfect for art projects!

If you want to make them, it was really simple to embroider them! I am always on a search for something "different" than the usual that I can make "special" by monogramming it! Hopefully, this will give you a new idea too! These were perfect favors for the children at the party. My girls wore them yesterday to do fingerpaint(Yes, I was feeling a little brave. It didn't last for long!). I'm selling these for 5 dollars with a name embroidered. I plan on using them for Christmas gifts for little cousins. Right now, while school stuff is on sale, you can buy a few extra paints and art stuff and put it together with a cute apron! How easy and personal! I mailed two of these out Wednesday that a friend had bought for birthday gifts. Postage was right at a dollar, which is even better if you have out of town family!

No comments: