Monday, June 7, 2010

Our Summer List...What to do this summer?!


I finally remembered to take a picture of our summer list. My mom would let my brother and I choose one fun "trip" or activity per week during the summer (water park, etc.). She would put it on the calendar, and we would look forward to that special day. It made summers fun and exciting! When I was a teacher, I would do this project as a writing activity at the end of the school year. It was always fun to see what the kids were looking forward to doing during their summer break. I would make my own list before my own children. I was facing several weeks of not teaching, and I wanted to make the most out of my summer and time off!

Now, it is a lot of fun to do it with my own children. We have been brainstorming for several weeks now. In fact, when we went to Panama City a couple weeks ago, we began the list. Each item was highly debated as of its importance to be included. Every family member made suggestions, but most of the items came straight from LaLa. She also made several ideas on Little Bit's behalf. Little Bit would agree or disagree with a YES! or NO! and thus our list making went on and on until it was finished!

It becomes easy to become lazy and let the summer and free time just slide right by you. Time goes so fast when we are adults! I want to make sure we take the opportunity to make memories. One mom mentioned that she wanted to be "intentional" with her time this summer. That is a great way to describe our goal. We want each moment to count! Of course, we do plan on having some of those lazy days along the way as well!

(By the way, I add this page to their scrapbook(s) at the end of the summer with pictures. It just makes it easier to go ahead and place it on a 12x12 piece of paper so it's ready to go!)

What do you plan on doing this summer? Have you made a summer list with your kids? Post a picture or your link!


1 comment:

Bethany said...

You have quite the list! I want to do those things! LOL!