Thursday, January 7, 2010

Having Children Made Me Hear Voices in My Head


My girls on New Year's Eve helping make our special treats. LaLa is wearing her glasses that she made out of pipe cleaners...just be careful that you twist the ends so they won't poke anyone in the eye! I am going to try this idea of molding pipe cleaners into shapes with some letters later on! I think it would be great for fine motor skills and will be a fun way to reinforce letter formations!


Have you ever felt like your eyes needed to literally be held open to stay awake?! I feel like a cartoon where I need to place toothpicks to hold my eyelids from closing shut...and to keep me from snoring in point two seconds! Little Bit woke up a couple nights ago all stuffy. She seems to feel worse at night and is having trouble sleeping. We were up last night from one to six in the morning. We watched Elmo, Barney and Dragontales....a lot...well, let's just say I quit counting after the seventh one! Watching tv and cuddling on the couch all night was what made her happy...when your little one is sick, that is all you worry about!

Now, we are in the phase of being stuffy and runny nose at the same time! She is playing and active as usual, but you can just tell that she doesn't feel well. Then, I begin that mama conversation in my head. You know the one where you are wondering if you should take her into the doctor...but you are analyzing...she has no symptoms other than cold-like, no fever, still active, still eating...if I take her she will be exposed to all kinds of stuff. So,  I decide I won't take her, but then I worry...what if she gets worse later or if it's her ears? All of a sudden, you become a mama and you have random conversations in your head...little voices debating what's best for your child. I think you can be committed for hearing voices?!:) The voices...I mean I voted on lots of TLC and staying warm and inside on this cold day rather than making our trip to the doctor. We'll re-evaluate the symptoms tomorrow and probably have the same conversation in my head! In the meantime, I am going to find some caffeine!

We are hoping for snow in Georgia! At least enough to shut everything down and enjoy a couple "snow days"! In Georgia, we really only need a fourth of an inch for our state to shut down...or maybe even the threat of snow works in some areas! Hopefully, our night will be better tonight....and I will make sense in my next post....me and my voices in my head!

No comments: