Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Memories


This is the way my husband looked for all of Christmas Day...head behind the video camera...narrating the day! I'll appreciate it one day...right?! Aunt Julie is right there as well...with her camera...as usual!


I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! There has been no time for blogging with all of the wonderful festivities lately! We were so blessed to have lots of family and friends spend time with us this past week! This year was especially fun for me because LaLa is really getting old enough to understand Christmas. Every time we did something, she was so into the moment and the activity. The excitement is truly contagious. Robert and I were talking how there are some days and some times when you think back to how quiet and easy those day BC (before Children) were! It was a great time where we enjoyed traveling and being on the go! Our lives have definitely changed with two young kids, but we wouldn't change it for the world! Christmas is more special when you share it with children! They have this genuine excitement that you can't help to share!



Christmas afternoon when my family comes over...looks like morning all over again!

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were the best ever...yes, I say that every year! We spent Christmas Eve making cookies together, going on a drive to look at lights and sing songs, and getting ready for Santa's visit. We read The Night Before Christmas (which we had to read the reindeer names six times!) and the Christmas Story.



All of these wonderful presents...what was Little Bit's favorite? The candy canes, of course! She had one in each hand most of the morning! Once she discovered these in her stocking, LaLa had to open the rest of her gifts (I don't think either minded the 'sacrifice'!) Oh well, it's Christmas!

On Christmas morning, the girls were so cute sitting at the top of the stairs in their Christmas jammies waiting to come down to see what Santa left them! We had two special surprises! After we opened all of our presents, the girls found a special present hidden in another room! It was a baby care center that includes a bathtub, cabinets, a baby doll closet, high chair, and changing table! That's the best kind of surprise when you think all the presents have been opened...only to find one more! Wait, our door bell rang...who could it be? Yep, it was Santa! Although I thought (and inwardly laughed) I heard tires speed away...Santa must have traded his sleigh in for a white denali like my parents..hee hee! The thought of them running back to their truck and speeding away makes me laugh...hard! It's debatable though...because LaLa and Little Bit were certain Santa threw them down from the reindeer drawn sleigh right to their front door! Two wrapped pillow pets were the mysterious door step presents! LaLa really wanted one of these. That commercial certainly must have some sort of brainwashing secretly placed inside of it because I often have the jingle stuck in my head too!


"Pete and Repeat!" LaLa lounging with her Uncle BoBo (coined by the girls for my brother, Jimmy or Jimbo!). She is enjoying her Leapster that Robert's parents and Santa gave her! By the way, Mama enjoys these games too!



Little Bit waits patiently for Uncle Bobo to open the cookie monster that he and his girlfriend, Katie, bought her! Did you notice her cute, little Elmo slippers her Mimi and Gumpy gave her? She would keep them on 24-7 if she could! It's several days later and she has them on!



Okay, patience only lasts so long when you're one! Let me help you...BoBo...I need my cookie monster!



LaLa enjoying her new Lego table.



Robert, LaLa and I after LaLa's preschool play. What a cutie?!

LaLa at her Christmas Choir performance at Church. Whatever will we do when Little Bit gets as many activities as LaLa? Mama will definitely need more sleep by then!

Later that day, family came over to open presents and enjoy lunch. Mimi (my mom), LaLa and I even had the opportunity to sneak away and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks...the sequel! My three year old keeps singing Beonce's "All the single ladies...".  How am I going to explain that one at preschool!:) This seemed like a really busy holiday season. I think the older your children get...the more running and celebrating you do. It is a lot of fun...but really exhausting at times trying to juggle it all! So, after dance recitals, several weekends out of town, traveling, Preschool parties and activities, church parties, services, and activities, family and work parties, etc...I am glad to say that Christmas Day was a nice, relaxing day.
Now....to get Christmas decorations and all of these new, fun toys put away! Wish us luck!

Mama Drama Rule #93: Two rules for one!  Instead of dreading the putting up all of the holiday decorations, take an opportunity to enjoy and savor each item!

No comments: